What’s your worst nightmare regarding your fish/pets?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I had one I drove to the vets sitting on my shoulder. She was a cute rat.
When I was in college, I had a rat named Leupold that would go everywhere with me. I never once bought him "rat food" (mostly because I was too poor); I would just feed him a little of whatever I was eating and he was pretty happy with that. He would ride on my shoulder when I'd go hiking. I'd put him up there and he'd climb in under my shirt with just his head sticking out by my neck so he could see where we were going. Sometimes he'd ride in the armpit of my coat when it was cold. He'd lay on my lap and want his belly rubbed when I was watching TV.

I had a couple other rats after him, but none of them was as cool as Leupold.

When I was in college, I had a rat named Leupold that would go everywhere with me. I never once bought him "rat food" (mostly because I was too poor); I would just feed him a little of whatever I was eating and he was pretty happy with that. He would ride on my shoulder when I'd go hiking. I'd put him up there and he'd climb in under my shirt with just his head sticking out by my neck so he could see where we were going. Sometimes he'd ride in the armpit of my coat when it was cold. He'd lay on my lap and want his belly rubbed when I was watching TV.

I had a couple other rats after him, but none of them was as cool as Leupold.
awwww rats are the best

I had a number of tank leaks throughout the years... But the worst nightmare would be that there would be no one to look after my fish if something might happen to me... But in case of my dying, fortunately I do know that there are people who would love to have them.

Here's one: I order a fish that I later find out is a game fish in my state, so I call fish and game to see what I need to do to make it legal, and game wardens come to my house, confiscate the fish, and won't tell me what they intend to do with it.

That really happened, many years ago. It still makes me sad.

Them dying when you're not around/ on vacation or dying young and you can't figure out why.
I was at my grandparent's house, and my grandma asked me how Lightning (past hamster) was (bc she knew she was sick), I told her she was recovering well. later that day I came home to find Lightning dead in her nest.

Here's one: I order a fish that I later find out is a game fish in my state, so I call fish and game to see what I need to do to make it legal, and game wardens come to my house, confiscate the fish, and won't tell me what they intend to do with it.

That really happened, many years ago. It still makes me sad.
If they do what the morons in government do here, they killed the fish.

I really don't understand their mentality. We used to be able to sell pygmy perch here. They are a small native fish from the south-west of Western Australia. One day the WA government said we weren't allowed to sell them anymore and they went to all the shops and confiscated the fish. They took them to a facility and killed the lot of them. The same thing has happened several more times with other types of native fishes. It's fuplie ridiculous.

just don’t call the fish and game people. who needs to make the fish legal? it’s not like people are going to come to your house and check all of your fish tanks to make sure the fish are legal. hedgehogs are illegal in my state but i know 3 people without licenses who have/had hedgehogs.

it’s not like people are going to come to your house and check all of your fish tanks to make sure the fish are legal.
that does happen tho. If department of fish and game get a tip, they will raid properties and confiscate whatever they want. they did it here in Perth some years ago. They went to a stack of houses and took everyones fish

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back