What's Your Favourite Pleco?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PlasticGalaxy

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
What pleco is your favourite species? This can be a pleco you own, one you've previously owned or one you've never owned. It can be all three, if you want.
Currently, my favourite plecos are zebra plecos! They're absolutely marvelous little fellows, I wish they weren't so expensive! Definitely on dream list for when I'm a lot more experienced with fishkeeping, since it's a lot of money to throw away if they end up dying.
As for plecos that I own, my favourite is definitely the sailfin pleco. They've got that classic plec look and those evil eyes that I just love.

1615913085184.png

(Photo from here)

My favourite pleco was my fish of the month a sailfin pleco he was gorgeous, really liking para plecos and the obvious green and blue phantoms

BN, Zebra, Snowball, and Green Phantom.

I would love to have all of the above, but they cost lost of $$$. Zebras cost about $150 (locally bred), Snowballs cost about $50, and GP’s cost about $75 at my LFS. :/

I have 3 plecostomus of different species,zebra,snowball and sultan.
The sultan is my favourite,it’s white tips on the fins look great.I rescaped the tank a couple of weeks ago and I’ve not seen the snowball since.

the sultan plec

Attachments

• C390E84E-15D7-4006-A5E8-D0EC0BA630C3.jpeg
    C390E84E-15D7-4006-A5E8-D0EC0BA630C3.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
My favorite kind of pleco is the Starlight Bristlenose Pleco? I also love the super red bristlenose plecos
GP’s cost about $75 at my LFS. :/
The green phantom at my LFS was $80:crazy: some other pleco I saw (but don't remember the name of) was $180. My mom thought it was crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Saw a false zebra pleco at my LFS yesterday... £35 and definitely not ready to pay that much for a single fish just yet. Kind of regretting it but I know I'd regret it more if I actually got it.

Saw a false zebra pleco at my LFS yesterday... £35 and definitely not ready to pay that much for a single fish just yet. Kind of regretting it but I know I'd regret it more if I actually got it.
I would save up for the real thing, if you really want a Zebra. That way if you’d decide to breed in the future, you can have a toured blood line.

(I’ve never spent that much money on one fish, but I’ve spent more than that on a group. ;))

I would save up for the real thing, if you really want a Zebra. That way if you’d decide to breed in the future, you can have a toured blood line.

(I’ve never spent that much money on one fish, but I’ve spent more than that on a group. ;))
The thought of being able to breed them freaks me out! So much responsibility and potential!

Same?

Oooooo little tiny baby zebra places would be so cuteeee?
I saw some posted on my local Craigslist for $150 (adults), which is actually a pretty good price for them.

The thought of being able to breed them freaks me out! So much responsibility and potential!
It is, but I hope to do it this summer. :nod:

I saw some posted on my local Craigslist for $150 (adults), which is actually a pretty good price for them.

It is, but I hope to do it this summer. :nod:
Ooh, sounds like easy money on the surface. I'm sure it's pretty difficult though... Good way to make money if you've got the guts to invest though.

Oh wow, that must be a pretty rare find!

Breed plecos?
Maybe. I want to breed my false Julii’s, because they should be mature by then. Also my Neons, Harliquens, and glass bloodfins.

Hopefully I will be able to work at my LFS this summer, so it should give me excellent first hand information.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back