• Dermogenys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • least killi

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • swordtails

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Leasts?

I'm torn between guppies and mollies. Although I like some platies too, I think mollies might win overall for me.

least killifish. Though I’ve given up calling em that as it’s too confusing.
Although a killifish is the Dutch word for a fish that lives in a ditch I believe. Who could I ask? Hmmmm hmmmm I know! @emeraldking Is this true?

Wild type Endlers. Black bars, all the Campoma and Cumana localities etc. Especially pure documented N-class Endlers. I had the pleasure of keeping Campoma no. 9s a few years back and they were such gorgeous, healthy, vibrant little fish. Always gonna recommend them. Especially since they're technically endangered in the wild because of toxic runoff. :(

I like Endlers the best as they are the most colourful, fast and active.

Guppies are clumsy and easily being targeted/attacked by other fish.

Probably mollies, especially the wild sailfin, as they can live in saltwater tank.

OK then. Don’t blame me. You’ve brought this on yourselves with your blatant sizeism. Eyes down and look in. Rocking chair? Tick. Golf jumper? Tick. Forward Lean? Tick. Oversized specs? Tick. Darkened Room? Tick.
Prepare yourselves for a Corbettesque championing of the Least Killifish/Heterandria Formosa/Dwarf Livebearer/Mosquito Fish etc etc etc and all its abundant aliases that shouldn’t exist for me to list in the first place.
But before I start Id like to make a little suggestion if I may that it be commonly rebranded as the EtcFish? Ridiculous as it is to have one little fish known by so many names in the age of instant world wide connectivity. If indeed it was discovered tomorrow it’d surely be blessed with only a Latin and common name....but like Ronnie I digress.

Worlds smallest known livebearer, worlds seventh smallest fish, practices superfoetation (spelling? must check before filming) meaning that the female of the species gives birth over 24hrs or so to one of her brood over roughly a 10-20 day period.....I could go on and probably would if the kettle hadn’t just been turned on. They love liquid rock, don’t need a heater, don’t need a huge tank......see I told you I could go on.
How anyone in their right mind would prefer one of the boring and let’s face it downright common Livebearers in this quite frankly outrageously poor poll is beyond all rational thinking.

Kettles on so it’s goodbye from me and it’s goodbye from him in my avatar.

Last edited:
least killifish. Though I’ve given up calling em that as it’s too confusing.
Although a killifish is the Dutch word for a fish that lives in a ditch I believe. Who could I ask? Hmmmm hmmmm I know! @emeraldking Is this true?
No, the name killifish is derived from the ancient dutch word "kill", which means creek. Nothing more.

Last edited:
OK then. Don’t blame me. You’ve brought this on yourselves with your blatant sizeism. Eyes down and look in. Rocking chair? Tick. Golf jumper? Tick. Forward Lean? Tick. Oversized specs? Tick. Darkened Room? Tick.
Prepare yourselves for a Corbettesque championing of the Least Killifish/Heterandria Formosa/Dwarf Livebearer/Mosquito Fish etc etc etc and all its abundant aliases that shouldn’t exist for me to list in the first place.
But before I start Id like to make a little suggestion if I may that it be commonly rebranded as the EtcFish? Ridiculous as it is to have one little fish known by so many names in the age of instant world wide connectivity. If indeed it was discovered tomorrow it’d surely be blessed with only a Latin and common name....but like Ronnie I digress.

Worlds smallest known livebearer, worlds seventh smallest fish, practices superfoetation (spelling? must check before filming) meaning that the female of the species gives birth over 24hrs or so to one of her brood over roughly a 10-20 day period.....I could go on and probably would if the kettle hadn’t just been turned on. They love liquid rock, don’t need a heater, don’t need a huge tank......see I told you I could go on.
How anyone in their right mind would prefer one of the boring and let’s face it downright common Livebearers in this quite frankly outrageously poor poll is beyond all rational thinking.

Kettles on so it’s goodbye from me and it’s goodbye from him in my avatar.
Heterandria Formosa can adapt to wide temperature range they do well when kept at temperature of 70f-72f a good quality flake food and some live food should be added to there diet best kept in a species tank only,
There is gold variety of H. Formosa although I have not seen the gold type throughout the fish hobby for a few years

My favorite livebearer?
Other people's.
well then you will like this one lol.
18 (640x474) (2).jpg

If I were ever to keep livebearers again, it would probably be Swordtails or Variatus Platies. I like how they look the most, and they're uncommon without being so uncommon that no one would want the fry.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back