What’s up with the “reaction” numbers?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

LOL! Heck no, I was never a mod! I wouldn't even if I could - I don't have the temperament to do it, and I have no desire to ever mod anywhere ever again :lol:

Trust me, not everyone adores me... (they must be crazy, I'm super cute!)
I just post a lot when I'm around, then go away for months at a time. :)
I wanted to be a mod at an eagle cam once until I realized they required a specific time commitment & I just couldn’t do it. Knew more about the American Bald Eagle than the average mod. I’m an enrolled member of a federally recognized tribe & own many eagle feathers (legally).

I wanted to be a mod at an eagle cam once until I realized they required a specific time commitment & I just couldn’t do it. Knew more about the American Bald Eagle than the average mod. I’m an enrolled member of a federally recognized tribe & own many eagle feathers (legally).
That's really awesome!

Don't get me wrong, the mods here are great, and I really appreciate the often thankless task they do! I just know I would not have the ability to bite my tongue, so to speak, and you have to remain diplomatic as a mod...

I wouldn't want the stress. I come here to learn more, or to have fun :D I don't want to be refereeing petty squabbles or deleting spam in my free time :) My real job and life has enough stress as it is, not searching for it in my hobby too, unpaid!

You get a reaction point for everyone who posts a "like" or other reaction to one of your posts. The points are indeed cumulative, and they never go away. I personally think the "most reactions" tab at the bottom of the screen is a bit silly, but harmless enough, so there it is. I think you even get a point for someone who is "angry" with your post, and it often is simply an issue of who's posting the most. I guess it's a bit of a popularity contest, for those who are concerned with that sort of thing.

That said, if anyone could "like" this post, my self-esteem could really use the boost. :lol:
I hadn't noticed these until @JennySolano asked me about them a couple of days back.
I've just done a little testing and it is as @WhistlingBadger says...ANY reaction, good or bad, gets a point...and whilst I can change one reaction for another, it always only counts as 1.
I also clicked on the ...Most reactions and was taken to see the Top Twenty.

That's really awesome!

Don't get me wrong, the mods here are great, and I really appreciate the often thankless task they do! I just know I would not have the ability to bite my tongue, so to speak, and you have to remain diplomatic as a mod...

I wouldn't want the stress. I come here to learn more, or to have fun :D I don't want to be refereeing petty squabbles or deleting spam in my free time :) My real job and life has enough stress as it is, not searching for it in my hobby too, unpaid!
Sounds reasonable to me! 👍

That's really awesome!

It's not a thankless job. We get to use TFF private jets and get keys to the luxury bathroom in the boardroom in Manhattan. We also get 20% bonuses in the form of a sticker at Christmas.
black-20-percent-extra-bonus-260nw-351725540.jpg

Last edited:
One thing I noticed is that AdorabelleDearheart has more reactions in the one year she has been here than number of posted messages which is very rare. So her posts are very well liked.

I'm getting all shy and bashful now :blush: Staaaaahhhhp

I am confusing her with someone else in an old thread I stumbled upon. Someone saying they were leaving moderating &becoming a regular poster. it devolved into a street brawl & ppl were begging the mod to take the thread down. Really comical IMO

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back