What’s up with the “reaction” numbers?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

FishHobby99

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Are these similar to likes on Twitter? They appear to be cumulative. Twitter does likes for 1 tweet. I can get hundreds & hundreds for a retweeted post & other times very few. I don‘t see reactions or likes on my other forums.
How long does a “reaction” period last?
Just curious. Don’t care if I’m #1 or #10000. Thanks.

You get a reaction point for everyone who posts a "like" or other reaction to one of your posts. The points are indeed cumulative, and they never go away. I personally think the "most reactions" tab at the bottom of the screen is a bit silly, but harmless enough, so there it is. I think you even get a point for someone who is "angry" with your post, and it often is simply an issue of who's posting the most. I guess it's a bit of a popularity contest, for those who are concerned with that sort of thing.

That said, if anyone could "like" this post, my self-esteem could really use the boost. :lol:

You get a reaction point for everyone who posts a "like" or other reaction to one of your posts. The points are indeed cumulative, and they never go away. I personally think the "most reactions" tab at the bottom of the screen is a bit silly, but harmless enough, so there it is. I think you even get a point for someone who is "angry" with your post, and it often is simply an issue of who's posting the most. I guess it's a bit of a popularity contest, for those who are concerned with that sort of thing.

That said, if anyone could "like" this post, my self-esteem could really use the boost. :lol:
I regret that I can only bestow 1 "Like" to this post.

There! I liked it 10X!
what I’m wondering is how often it resets. You have far more overall reactions than the current #1 who is new & active.

0283A1E7-B6E1-4629-BC58-767E2C99649C.gif

There! I liked it 10X!
what I’m wondering is how often it resets. You have far more overall reactions than the current #1 who is new & active.
I think the "most reactions" ranking thing at the bottom is just the most reactions for that week, not overall scores. I think!

you have a lot too!
bet you were once a moderator?
either that or everyone simply adoras you, Dear
LOL! Heck no, I was never a mod! I wouldn't even if I could - I don't have the temperament to do it, and I have no desire to ever mod anywhere ever again :lol:

Trust me, not everyone adores me... (they must be crazy, I'm super cute!)
I just post a lot when I'm around, then go away for months at a time. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back