Whats the best way to euthanize a fish?

Clove oil or a sharp hit on the head with a blunt object. I’m sorry for your loss. :(

Great article, this is why I use clove oil. Have to say that it just makes the holidays sad when I smell cloves now.

So, I recently had a fish who decided to grow up and be a homicidal maniac.

I tried to rehome home him to another tank where he might feel more comfortable, but no one was willing to take him. After several dead fish, and watching him just brutally attack many other fish, I decided to remove him from the tank and give him the hammer.

It wasn't my preferred choice, but he was an A-hole. So, I quickly took him outside, and smashed him flat really hard with a big hammer. I know that sounds kind of brutal, but it seemed like the fastest and most efficient method by which to euthanize him as quickly and pain free as possible.
Dang, glad I'm not your wife ? kidding. If you saw my earlier post, I had to "euthanize" about 20 mystery snails. They weren't aholes just couldn't find homes for them and I picked the ones that didn't look as healthy as the ones I kept.

You know a lot of (non chain) lfs will take unwanted fish/inverts. Some may even offer a small credit if you ask.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back