Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 gallons

• 4gallons

• 5 gallonsmore

• Total voters
i allways said 3 but i think the new 2.5 they have come out with are pretty good and have a decent filter, ppl will say a 1 is more than big enough, well its not , yeah they will survive but they wont thrive which is our goal in keeping any animal. any way a 2.5 will make a nice home i like to keep mine with other things for entertainment for the betta, i usually use either african dwarf frogs or ghost shrimp or in bigger than 5 gallons i use panda corys or otos. but i think i already answered the question so ill just stop talking now

I keep mine in 10g's and 5g's but the min in my opinion is 2g so you can add a plant and a cave ;)

My betta is in a 2.5 gallon and BOY is he happy!! He's the most active betta I've ever seen - he just loves his swimming space, and is constantly flaring at himself and building huge bubble nests.

well, i think a good house would be a 3 gallon coz they grow up to 3 inches, so they need 3 gallons

but im not the most experienced so if u disagree please comment

regards Qays

It is my novice opinion that 1 gallon is enough for a happy/healthy Betta. Sure, more is NICE, but I think 1 gallon will suffice.

I put three gallons. But one or two gallons would probably serve them nicely. As long as there was a live plant or two and a cave.

Mine is in about 2.5 gallons of water. Half of Half of a 10 gallon tank. He is with my newt and feeder fish. A DIY tank split in half with half of a cutting board and a pvc pipe. He loves the room. He is happy and healthy. Very active and a;ways building bubble nests. He also loves eating the feeder guppies. There supposed to be nret food but o well.

I think it's all relative. :D

Bigger is usually better, but I'd rather see someone house a betta in a one gallon jar than pass it by and let it sit on a store shelf, in a little cup, until it died. :-(
Clean water, good food and attention to its health is most important of all. :nod:

My betta, Ruby, :wub: lives in a 20 gallon long tank with a whole lot of corys and has become very social. I don't think he could be happier!! :thumbs:

I have mine in a 2 gallon tank. But actually, i dont think it really needs a big tank. I just like see it swim in a big tank. The 1 gallon per 1 inch of fish doesnt apply here because bettas breathe air. So it could SURVIVE in less than 1 gallon, but how long it lives is anybodys guess.

Most reactions

Back