What's A Good Balanced Fish Diet?

MattM1124

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Sep 12, 2007
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Pittsburgh PA
I realized after reading some posts that I may not be providing my fish with the best balanced diet. I wanted to start my own post because I had a few questions also.

Right now, I'm feeding my fish basically tropical fish flakes. I sometimes add in a little freeze dried brine shrimp though. So basically what's the best diet I can feed them and how often should I feed theme each item?

I know you'll probably say some frozen foods and my question with that, might be dumb but I'm going to ask anyway's lol....which frozen foods?

With veggies, which ones should I feed them and how exactly should I feed them it? Just let the veggies float around for a day or so or get it to stay in one spot?

Any step by step on these different foods will be appreciated because I've never really fed my fish anything other than flakes and freeze dried items.

Also, what are some good, common medications to have on hand? I have malachite green on hand and also melafix. Just want to be prepared.

I've been posting here lately but I'll just list the fish I have again just incase...danio's, glow light tetras, and a swordtail.

thanks,
Matt
 
you shouldnt need to keep medication on your hands. if you do water changes are test everything etc, your tank will look after itself, unless you get a fish that you didnt QT and it brought a disease into the system
 

Most reactions

Back
Top