What Was You Last Meal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

johnturrell

Reaction score
nice thread idea..

im currently eating baked bean and cheese toasties... just make toast, butter put cheese slice in and drench in beans.. what about you?
thanks
john

Last thing I made was turkey noodle soup. I did use store-bought noodles, but it was tasty anyway. I never make it exactly the same way twice. Some of this and some of that... :rolleyes:

I pan-fried shrimp with butter, garlic, and a little salt. It's actually a quick, easy meal to make and tastes great. I had it it with a can of drained green beans. ... Pan-frying is actually my favorite way to cook, great tasting, quick & simple, and easy cleanup too.

Baked cajun spiced red snapper with roasted onions, peppers and tomatoes.

Would have been a whole lot nicer if i handnt stabbed myself on one of the dorsal spikes which is still imbedded in my finger when i was descaling them :(

Sausage pasta, always a favourite in our house.
Chop a few sausages up and fry them off, add chopped celery and garlic and cook for a few minutes. Add sweetcorn, mushroom, green beans and kidney beans and cook for another few minutes. Add tinned tomatoes, tomato puree and mixed herbs and leave to cook for 30-45 mins. Boil some pasta and when cooked add to the sausage mix. Serve up and grate some cheese over the top. Quick, easy, cheap and tasty! :)

made lasagne last night, used so much cheese sauce it was just a big sloppy cheese and tomatoes mess, was yummy though! :D

Fairly simple spaghetti in white sauce. Cook spaghetti, in another pan fry some muchrooms in a lot of oil, when cooked, remove from heat and whisk in milk, herbs and flour. Return to heat, keep whisking until thick then serve topped with mozzarella.

Today I cooked tuna pasta bake. Easy Peasy but here's how I do it.

cook pasta..I prefer conchilglie, put in a big pot with a tin of tuna, tin of sweetcorn, tin of chopped tomatoes, oregano, fresh basil, tabasco sauce, rock salt, cracked black pepper and loads of brown sugar. Cover with a mix of torn up mozzarella, grated mature cheddar, grated edam and as much parmesan as you can stand.

In a medium oven for 10-15mins....enough time to open a nice bottle of rose and lay the table

Simple but delicious.

my last meal was chips, red leicester cheese, plus a salad of cherry tomatoes, red onion,s little gem lettuce, raw cauliflower (yum), yellow peppers and avocado. Cheese and chips and salad is one of my fave meals. Tonight I'll probably have lambs kidneys, fried in olive oil with onions, at the last minute I add red wine to the pan and stir in the kidney juices and maybe a blob of plain yoghurt, with boiled potatoes mashed up with no butter just alittle skimmed milk, and steamed broccoli or french beans.
I try not to eat too much junk food as it effects not only my health but my mood too. I never cook with salt and only add to certain meals. If I use smoked meal, or fish, that contains enough salt already so I don't add. Too much salt is bad for my asthma as is pickled stuff and vinegar.

Today I cooked tuna pasta bake. Easy Peasy but here's how I do it.

cook pasta..I prefer conchilglie, put in a big pot with a tin of tuna, tin of sweetcorn, tin of chopped tomatoes, oregano, fresh basil, tabasco sauce, rock salt, cracked black pepper and loads of brown sugar. Cover with a mix of torn up mozzarella, grated mature cheddar, grated edam and as much parmesan as you can stand.

In a medium oven for 10-15mins....enough time to open a nice bottle of rose and lay the table

Simple but delicious.

Sounds nice but I would not be able to tolerate all that salt. Try frozen sweetcorn and fresh tomatoes instead and leave out the rock salt. The tuna will have plenty of salt in it, as will all the cheese.

Donuts

Recipe:

Ask Gran for donuts,
Get Gran to Buy Donuts,
Specify that you want Custard and Apple, Cream and Apple, Raspberry, Iced with Hundreds and Thousands.
Gratefully take donuts
Eat them all by yourself and not give any to little brother.

And Yes I am 30 and Gran will still get me treats, But donuts are a timeless meal.

Moan as you ate too many and you now feel sick.

Andy's (Honed-Over-Many-Years) Chicken Pathia Recipe:

Fry large choped onion & some garlic in 5 tbsp of oil then add spices: Ginger – 1 tbsp, Chilli Sprinkles – 1 tbsp, Chilli Powder – 1 tsp, Cumin – 1 tsp, Turmeric – 1 tsp, Coriander – 1 tsp, Paprika – 2 tsp (Grind the following-) Mustard Seeds – 1tsp, Fennel Seeds – 1tsp, Fenugreek Seed – 1tsp.

Progressively add some water to stop things sticking. Add chicken & stir fry for 5 mins then add:

Tomatoes (Chopped) – 1 Large Tin, Brown Sugar – 2 tbsp, White Vinegar – 1 tbsp, Tomato Puree – 1 tbsp, Green / Red Chillies – add depending on heat to taste! Handful of peas (optional).

Simmer for about 15 - 20 mins.

Dead simple & just like you get from the Indian!

Andy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back