What Type Of Livebearer Should I Get

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

blitztidus

Spirited Away
Reaction score
My dad is letting me set up the ten gallon again, as long as I keep only one type of livebearers, I am stuck, should I go with Guppies or Platies. I am leaning towards guppies myself :D

I would personaly go with platties b/c they tend to swim in the middle a little more then guppes do. Guppies stay towards the top alot.

It seems you're definitely leaning towards Guppies, so go with them. Everyone has a personal preference, go with what you want. You're the one that's going to be looking at them everyday. :p

with a 10 gallon you have limited your options becuase i have a 10 gallon and i had 3 platties and then sooner or later i had 12 and it got crazy so i let them go and went with a goldfish!

Thanks!

I had that craze once Dean, I had every type of livebearer in one 20g tank. I shouldn't have but have since learned.

Anna, I think you are right. I think I am going to breed preeeeetty guppies :D

I'm sure they get love, but they don't fit in the tank. ;)

By the way, your signature is too big. Could you please size it down to fit in the guidelines? 300x400 pixels.

lol swordtails and mollies are really more for like a 20 gal or larger. yes i know that i have swordtails in a 10 gal. they will hopefully be rehomed to a 20+ gal over the summer. as for the choices. i can see what you mean blitztidus, some lfs have plain-jane looking platies while guppies are gorgeous everywhere you go. i would go with the guppies in your situation as you are much more partial to them.

like anna said YOU have to see them not us, and YOU take care of them not us

oh and i've been meaning to comment on your sig

HELLS YEAH!!! FFX & KH ARE THE GREATEST GAMES EVER!!!

YAY!!!!! ANOTHER FAN, well that is the reason I did not mention them. I would get mollies but the tank is way to small :D. All the fish at the closest pet store look the same, all tuxedos like this except for the females and the occasional albino.
db_00102_guppytuxedorot1.jpg
\
Stupid hey, the 2nd closest pet store has some cool ones like white ones and leopard and THIS
guppy%20strains.jpg

A SELECTION TO CHOOSE FROM :D (not all of these ones though, I WISH :D)

P.S. Nevergone, say HELLS YEAH next time, okay :D

I decided guppies, but I won't be getting them for a few weeks now, but I am sort of excited because last night, my dad surprised me with 2 new veiltail albino cories and 2 common plecs :D

I hope you have a big tank for the Common Plecos. They can get anywhere from 12-18" long, depending on the type. And you should up the Cories school too, to at least 3-4. Are they going in with the Guppies?

And just remember with the Guppies, the fancier the tails, the more issues you're likely to have.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back