What To Put In My 23 Gallon?

Assaye

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
6
Points
38
Location
York, UK
Here are the fish I like the look of -

+ neon tetras
+ black neon tetras
+ tiger barbs
+ green tiger barbs
+ angel fish
+ plecs (of various types, except bristlenose)
+ most other catfish
+ guppies
+ glass catfish
+ sharks (silver, red fin, albino red fin)

I'd like some interesting shoals and a couple of larger fish (sharks, plecs, something like that). I'd also like to make sure I have fish at all levels of the aquarium, and some that live in the plants and feed off the bottom. I'd rather lots of small fish than just a few larger fish, but something big would be awesome.

I like my fish sleek, pretty and colourful, or in the case of plecs, fairly ugly but full of character.

Any suggestions? Tank has four plants and some bog wood. Want to add more plants gradually.
 
what are the dimensions
what about a pair of rams or apisto and a rubbernose pleco or a couple of roberts catfish or a small syno
1 m 2 f guppies a shoal of 6 bigger tetras and a anglefish depending on how tall your tank is
 
Neons,..... I'l replace with Cardinals...... more colourful.... (at least 6).....Angels & guppies.... I would not put together.... (one or the other - preferably - in this setup -Guppies).....Tigers..??... Green or normal.... I'd be careful.... (at least 6).....Sharks... Albino redfin adds more colour........Glass Catfish.... not very hardy but will look nice.....Black Neons.... no problem....Catfish...ok!....
 
i would watch the angels n the neons..gulp :)

a small synodontis would look nice at the bottom

maybe some blue rams..
 
Can't remember exactly (it's in York and I'm in Bucks) but it's long and thin rather than tall or wide.

Fairly standard Clear-Seal tank.

I prefer neons to cardinals, but as I think I'm keeping a shoal in my 13 gallon, I could find something else small and colourful to fill the tetra spot.

Any ideas for the 13 gallon? I have a gowing school of neons in there and they'll be staying as I also have a betta in there and they get on really well. I'd like to keep my betta in a community as he's very passive and doesn't bully other fish. If necessary I can divide my 13 gallon into a small betta tank and a larger (but not massive) community tank. Thoughts? Has anyone here kept bettas in a community before?
 
APISTO.jpg


This is a good looking apisto (at least, Google tells me it is an apisto). Anyone know the type and stats for it (how big it gets, what water it likes, what plants, how long it lives, etc)?

Blue rams are also pretty cool.
 
Would this be a suitable set-up?

A synodontis or plec that won't get much bigger than 6 inches or so for the bottom of the tank.

6 tiger barbs (two normal, two green, two albino)

6 rummy nose tetras

Guppies (as well as or instead of the barbs?)

Albino red-fin shark (too agressive? Get too big?)

Any space for glass catfish?
 
Would this be a suitable set-up?

A synodontis or plec that won't get much bigger than 6 inches or so for the bottom of the tank.

6 tiger barbs (two normal, two green, two albino)

6 rummy nose tetras

Guppies (as well as or instead of the barbs?)

Albino red-fin shark (too agressive? Get too big?)

Any space for glass catfish?


I think that's too many fish for a 23 gallon. A 6 inch plec is too big. A red tailed shark is also too big.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top