What to put in a 10 gallon tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
That's what I was planning I got lucky and found some on the beach that looks pretty close

If by beach you mean ocean beach (salt water), be careful...salt will harm freshwater fish and it can leech out of wood for a long time. There is no way to cure it safely.

You can use wood/branches collected, but you need to know the wood type and some is highly toxic, and it must be completely dead dry. Oak, maple, beech will work if it is collected dead on the ground.

Ok by beach i meant sandy river i cleaned it with a toothbrush and boiled it for several hours and soaked it for 2 weeks. I really hope its safe by now.

Ok so I added more plants and drift wood and my duck weed has grown alot. Any suggestions on what I should add or change?

Attachments

• 1554591962664-622895545.jpg
    1554591962664-622895545.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 233
Put a picture on the back of the tank.

Put a round/ cylindrical sponge (from an internal power filter) in the intake strainer of your current filter.

Add some more plants to the back right corner. Narrow Vallis or Hygrophila polysperma would work there.

Some brands on internal power filter have round/ cylindrical shaped sponges that go in them. These sponges have a hole through the centre and normally fit over the intake strainer of most external power filter. They stop fish and other fine objects being sucked into the filter and give you additional filter material.

So it's basically a filter to go around the filter intake? Also do u think that some sort of echinodorus would work in the corner by the filter?

Yes it is a sponge that goes over the intake strainer.

Echinodoras (Amazon sword plants) grow big and don't do well in corners. They need room around them so their leaves can spread out and not get squished up.

You could put an Amazon sword plant in the middle of the tank. Move the skull and rock apart so there is more room between them and put the plant in between them.

Ludwigia can do well in aquariums but it can also rot. If you get some that has been growing under water for months, then it should be fine. However, if you get them from around the edge of a pond or from a commercial grower, the cuttings will normally be grown out of water and they don't always do well when put under water.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back