What To Do?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ps3Steveo

Planted Experimentalist
Reaction score
I've had my CO2 set up a couple of days now and I don't use a solenoid. 2 hours before the lights go on I push down the handle on the FE and put the pin back in to keep it open, 2 hours before the lights go off I pull out the pin and the pressure in the reg still keeps going for hours sometimes all night. I know its not that bad as yeast CO2 goes all night but providing the handle is up and its just the pressure in the reg that's gassing off it shouldn't waste too much should it?

if you can get the balance right then leave it on all night....drop checker required though else you'll become a murderer

I have one :), thing that worries me is if I leave the FE on all night then its on for 16 hours a day longer than it needs to be so will last a third of the time. I know its 2KG bottle but I'd rather not waste it.

time to take a seat and watch and adjust as you go, presume you have 4dkh water in the checker? How's your fish stocking?

2kg will last for a looooonnnggg time and at £20 for another FE its a bargain considering the lush plant growth you'll achieve

I'm fine with getting levels right its just keeping it on that bothers me, DC is lime green all day.

Does it bubble all night or just stay pressurised?

Well it stopped bubbling about 4 hours after I switched it off last night, about 2 hours after lights out. Thing is its only the pressure in the reg as the FE is off and I don't want to turn off the needle valve every night as its in the perfect position for the amount of CO2 its letting out.

If it's not consistent, i.e. you can't turn it off earlier, or when you want every time I'd just get a cheap clamp or valve for your air line. One of those green dealies....

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back