Bristlenose
Fish Fanatic
Hi all, Ive had my tank for some years but restocked it all a few months back.
I am having problems though. The Bristlenose has grown up and is producing alot of waste, it just sits at the bottom of the tank, i have two filters one a sting ray the big one its meant to do 20 gallons, my tank is 15 tops. i also have a spunge filter powered by a rather powerful airpump. The problem is i cleaned the tank, stripped the filter etc and within a couple of days have to do it again, its just full of the Bristlenoses poop!
I am not feeding them much, i even cut back to try and stop the problems but nothing. So what should i do? Out the Bristlenose? I tried octocinculus but had no luck, on both occasions (before the bristlenose i might add) the octocinculus died, no symptoms!
Change the filter? Are stingray filters that bad? if so to what? i have a tight budget!
The other tank inhabitants are 3 dwarf gouramis, a lone tetra (his very old his mates died years ago), 2 keyholes, and 3 corydoras.
Please any advice much appreciated.
I am having problems though. The Bristlenose has grown up and is producing alot of waste, it just sits at the bottom of the tank, i have two filters one a sting ray the big one its meant to do 20 gallons, my tank is 15 tops. i also have a spunge filter powered by a rather powerful airpump. The problem is i cleaned the tank, stripped the filter etc and within a couple of days have to do it again, its just full of the Bristlenoses poop!
I am not feeding them much, i even cut back to try and stop the problems but nothing. So what should i do? Out the Bristlenose? I tried octocinculus but had no luck, on both occasions (before the bristlenose i might add) the octocinculus died, no symptoms!
Change the filter? Are stingray filters that bad? if so to what? i have a tight budget!
The other tank inhabitants are 3 dwarf gouramis, a lone tetra (his very old his mates died years ago), 2 keyholes, and 3 corydoras.
Please any advice much appreciated.







