What To Do With My 30 Gallon?

I already use an API bring thats similar to those so I think I'm good there. So I just need to figure out my decor and stock next. I am thinking an asian theme. My gf saw a dragon she has wanted as a center ornament. I also have a few ornaments from my current tank. Am thinking of having some drift wood around the back of the tank towards the corners.

Any plan suggestions to go along with fish suggestions?
 
I already use an API bring thats similar to those so I think I'm good there. So I just need to figure out my decor and stock next. I am thinking an asian theme. My gf saw a dragon she has wanted as a center ornament. I also have a few ornaments from my current tank. Am thinking of having some drift wood around the back of the tank towards the corners.

Any plan suggestions to go along with fish suggestions?
what API stuff are you using, if its there planting stuff its a waste of time and money, it contains no NPK and they are the three main nutrients needed by plants and the tropica stuff has it.

and API dont make a liquid carbon supplement
 
it contains:

Soluble Potash (K20) 3%
Iron .10%Chelated Iron .10%

Its called leaf zone?
yep its just a few traces not worth the money, buy some TPN+ its good stuff and its one of the best all in one ferts on the market, and go with liquid carbon too, which backs up as an algaecide.
 
any chance of finding some similar to it from a US site? prefer not to import from UK due to extra cost.
 
any chance of finding some similar to it from a US site? prefer not to import from UK due to extra cost.
for ferts in the US you will have to use these four as TPN+ isnt available in the US
nitrogen (N)
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?...h81r6k7nfbj2j80

potassium (K)
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?...h81r6k7nfbj2j80

Phosphorous (P)
http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?...h81r6k7nfbj2j80

and combine them together (dont mix up) but dose together to get the NPK mix and you already have a trace product so carry on dosing that.

i dont know where you could get these from in the US but it is available

as for the easy carbo you would use seachem excel instead.

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.php?...h81r6k7nfbj2j80
 
I have seen those at my LFS so I will pick some of those up. So things like Root Tabs work well?
dont bother with root tabs, if you have use the flourite you wont need them and all plants can take nutrients from there leaves just as easily as the roots so theyre not needed
 
well I am including my Fluval 2+ for water movement from my previous tank, it should jump start my cycle when I start it. I am debating if I should use the pad:

http://www.petco.com/product/1651/Marinela...-1-2-and-3.aspx

or use my own custom media in which case which would be best? Its a good sized area for media, I was thinking Fine Sponge with some Bio Max? Is there any other type that would be good to use?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top