What To Do If Lfs Water Is Dumped Into Your Tank

HarpyFishLover

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello TFF,

I bought a new fish today, and acclimated it into the tank gradually. When I netted it into my tank, I asked my dad to help. Long story short, he didn't know he wasn't supposed to dump LFS water into my tank, and so he did, thinking it was helpful. What should I do about it?

Nothing you can really do about it now.  You can do a water change to dilute whatever might have been added, but honestly that would be a waste of time.  If any pathogens were added, they were added.

Its a case of hope for the best and use this as a teaching opportunity for the future.   I would, however, increase your water change schedule for the next few weeks.  Cleaner water is always better for the fish to be able to fight off any disease they may be exposed to.  Extra exposure will always cause trouble IF the fish are dealing with extra stress from any thing.

I agree with eagles on this one. Nothing direct will work. Only some idirect options will work now

Alright, I suppose I'll try to remember twice-a-week water changes (probably needs to be done anyways) on Wednesday and Saturday (my two fasting days as well)

I have dumped lfs water a few times in my tanks,
But only from reputable shops.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back