What To Consider When You Are Buying An Ro Unit

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
i saw hma mentioned today for the first time so i dont know what they do but think it was to do with discus keeping

Should we consider the possibility of including the combination RO/DI units here? Might be good, as several makers now make these units. I have one. Some local fish clubs and societies have auctions. May be a place to pick up a brand new unit cheap. :good: Once I setup my Seachem, I'll post here again.

Liz

Indeed, Liz, I wouldnt even consider buying an Ro unit which did not have a di unit

Seffie x

im thinkin about gettin 1 but only need 10-20l a week max and would have to fit under sink so could i use the washin machine outlet for both washin machine and ro unit ?

what one do ppl think would be best for this amount of water and placement ?

Sorry if this was stated already but I would want one that didn't waste a bunch of the water, I would want a unit that was water efficient if this is possible.

would have to fit under sink so could i use the washin machine outlet for both washin machine and ro unit ?

Yes, you just need a y connector :good:

Sorry if this was stated already but I would want one that didn't waste a bunch of the water, I would want a unit that was water efficient if this is possible.

I'm afraid this isnt possible - the ratio is about 1 pure to 4 waste, however this doesnt mean you cant collect the waste to water the garden

ok just gotta find which one os best i think a 50 should be right size is a 3 stage ok ?

ok just gotta find which one os best i think a 50 should be right size is a 3 stage ok ?

This is the sort of thing you want - dont get one without a di unit and also dont forget to get two ball valves

http://www.osmotics.co.uk/products/4-Stage-50-Gallon-Per-Day-Reverse-Osmosis-System-with-DI.html

i looked and this is what i think i need

2 x Inline Ball Valve 1/4" £6.02
4 Stage 50 Gallon Per Day Reverse Osmosis System with DI £81.64
Washing Machine Y-Piece 3/4" BSP £1.67
Tap Connector for 1/4" Tube £4.06
Water Pressure Gauge £9.92
Inline TDS Meter £22.26
4 Stage RO Filter Replacement Kit £15.26

would have to fit under sink so could i use the washin machine outlet for both washin machine and ro unit ?

Yes, you just need a y connector :good:

I'm afraid this isnt possible - the ratio is about 1 pure to 4 waste, however this doesnt mean you cant collect the waste to water the garden

Discovered some info on a 100% efficient RO unit. It's available at Costco. It's called the Watts Premier Zero-waste Reverse Osmosis System. Not sure of the quality but it got a pretty good star rating. Worth checking into. :good:

Now I am no expert but I was under the impression that you couldn't get 100% as waste water is needed to remove the impurities that don't make it through the membrane.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back