What the heck is this??

Divinityinlove

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what's wrong with this guy? He has been gasping and swollen, for weeks.. He doesn't respond to antibacterial medication. Water test results are perfectio. Do i need swim bladder diseasemeds? He's been this way for ages and today I notice this bubble dropping from his belly.. what the heck is THAT?
Screenshot_20200513-195739_Photos.jpg
20200513_194302.jpg
20200513_194259.jpg

Looks like something internal is going on. @Colin_T may be able to help

Spironucleus causes the muscle tissue to turn cream/ white and break down. The fish usually die within a week of this occurring.

Salt is about the only thing I have found to treat it.
Add 2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt, sea salt, or swimming pool salt for every 20 litres (5 gallons) of tank water. Keep salt in the tank for at least 2 weeks but no longer than 4 weeks.

If there is no improvement after 2 days with salt, increase the salt level to 4 heaped tablespoons of salt for every 20 litres.

Watch the fish when increasing the salt level to 4 heaped tablespoons and if the fish start to freak out, do a water change and stay with 2 heaped tablespoons per 20 litres.

When you do water changes while using salt, add salt to the new water before adding it to the tank.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back