What The Heck Are My Clown Loaches Doing?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gidge

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So caught 2 of my loaches doing this just earlier. Their colour went really pale. I don't know if they're fighting or?
The other clown loach, wasn't even bothered, he just swam around doing his own thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anDTBTq6L84&feature=youtu.be

Anyone seen anything like this before? I have never seen my loaches fighting, or doing any of this behaviour.

And sorry for bad quality, just quickly grabbed my phone.
Also, could someone tell me how to actually embed the video onto the post??

I don't have clown loaches but to me it looks like two males having a sparring match to work out dominance. If they keep at it I would worry, but if things settle down and they are happy with their lot in live I'd leave them together. Are all the laoches of simialar size and age?

I don't have clown loaches but to me it looks like two males having a sparring match to work out dominance. If they keep at it I would worry, but if things settle down and they are happy with their lot in live I'd leave them together. Are all the laoches of simialar size and age?

Ohkay. I thought maybe they were 2 females. I've had them for a few years, they were bought at the same time. The reason I thought they were females is because I read that females get bigger then the males. My 3rd clown loach is about 3/4 of the size that they are.
This is the first time I've ever seen them do this. They normally just chill out together.

Could be as said sparring dominance or play even fish play fight sometimes but this is normally called tag or playin it :p

Could be as said sparring dominance or play even fish play fight sometimes but this is normally called tag or playin it :p

Cute! They were at it for quite a while, but they've stopped now and gone back to normal colour.

Most reactions

trending

Back