What Size are fry when born?

[email protected]

Reaction score
:) I just bought 3 guppies and i think one of the females is pregnant becasue she is big and has a dark spot...(gravid spot) and i was just wonderin is there easy to spot when there born?

Hi,
well i also think your female is preg! and to anser your question (sp?) yes they are hard to spot! i would sujest getting a breeding tank! plastic of the net 1! i have placstic becouse my dad got it! he doesnt know about fish! well i got the plastic breeding tank for guppy! *yes my dad is stupid* so if i were you i would get the net 1 becouse its not as small and its not so stressful! :huh:

yes Guppy Fry are hard to spot because they are clear and usally all you see is eyes :lol: I would get the breeding net, some come with little plants for the babies to hide, I do not like the plastic one cause it is very small and they do get very stressed, as birthing is stressful enough for them, My females are very comfrotable (sp) in the net one..

Be prepared to have an extra tank to put the fry in cause they can have 1-100 babies!!!

I would get a tank and let it start cycling before the babies get here, thats just my opinion though..

Good luck with the babies :D

ALso when the fry are born they will be the size of pin pricks. You don't necessarly need to seperate them if you have a well planted tank where they have room to hide.

:thumbs: thanks for all the tips...so when should i start to put the female in the breedin tank? right now?
hum........ since she has a gravid spot then i would probly put her in when she starts fanning! thats when they just sit there and move there fins really rewally fast!

Don't wait too long before putting her in a new tank. If she is very pregnunt and you move her it can stress her out. Even more so if that water has a different Ph, temp, (little change is fine) or anything like that.

well i think i found all of my fry in my tank if you got a good angle they arnt to hard but when you are ont he top veiw it can be hard, they are very cool, mine just gave birth today! my first!

Most reactions

Back