What Powerhead

orange shark

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Would you reccomend to me for a 75+ gallon tank that will give me around 25-30x turnover?

Thanks, orange shark

we've just got a hydor koralia 4 for our new 92gal tank. it gives 10x turnover cos we've already got enough powerheads to give us about 10x. although ultimately we aim to get 3 of the hydor koralia's and leave it at that. while i don't like to use loads of powerheads i do think it's best to use more than one so you can get a bit of directional flow where you need it.

we got ours from here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HYDOR-KORALIA-4_W0QQ...2QQcmdZViewItem

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
thanks miss wiggle, i was looking at those yesterday but i thought id ask on here whether they were any better ones. Looks like ill be getting 2 of the hydor 4s and 1 3 or 2.

thanks, orange shark

as anything people will have varying opinions and i'm sure there are other comparable pumps, but i'll tell you why we went for these ones

1 - turnover rate - for that range of money you'll struggle to find anything decent with a higher turnover
2 - low running costs - compare the energy usage to a 'regular' powerhead and you'll be v surprised, helps keep the leccy bills down (big plus for us, we're closing half our tanks cos our leccy bills are coming in very very high at the moment)
3 - reliable brand
4 - they stick to the glass with magents not suckers meaning you haven't got to keep repositioning them when the suckers wear. in a big tank where i can't even reach the back where they are going to go without climbing on a stepladder and literally dunking my upper body into the tank that's a big plus!!

you've pursuaded me fully now! my dads an energy freak so he'll be happy that hes electricity bill will be low-ish!

you've pursuaded me fully now! my dads an energy freak so he'll be happy that hes electricity bill will be low-ish!

Yeah I was amazed when I saw the energy efficiency of these things... On par with the expensive Tunze pumps :blink:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back