What plant is this?

Newtofish!

New Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2022
Messages
13
Reaction score
4
Points
3
Location
Hampshire
I'm setting up a planted tank and just bought some new ones and they are currently in quarantine. Not sure what they are as they were just sold as "bunched aquatic plants" any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • 20220303_212411.webp
    20220303_212411.webp
    159.8 KB · Views: 140
It looks like Java fern. This should not be planted in the substrate as it has a rhizome which will rot if covered. The rhizome can be left on top of the substrate but it is too easy to accidentally cover it there. For that reason it is usually grown attached to decor.
 
Thank you! I have taken them out of the substrate and they are floating free. Thankfully I have a huge bit of bigwood in my tank they can attach to
 

Attachments

  • 20220303_215245.webp
    20220303_215245.webp
    170.7 KB · Views: 147

Most reactions

Back
Top