What Other Fish Can I Get?

Batzman

New Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2009
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Auckland, New Zealand
I currently have 3 clown loachs, 1 yoyo loach, 1 baby birstlenose, 1 burneo sucker, honey dwarf gourami, 2 threadfin rainbows (male and female), a balloon sail fin molly and a flame dwarf gourami, what other fish could I possibly add? ( I am after some good comunity fish that won't bite or get aggressive towards each other)...

so if anyone has any suggestions on what fish to get/what to stay away from it would be appreciated

my tank is 125L

cheers,
 
I'd say you cant add anything, the tank is way too small for 1 clown loach, let alone 3. My LFS currently has a pair of clowns & they measure in at 10 inches each.


You will either need a substantially bigger tank for the clowns or to re-home them, once thats done then you can start looking a some more suitable repalcements.
 
Totally agree with the above. Clown Loach grow large and need to live in a group so your tank is definitely too small. If you like loaches then consider Zebra Loach as a nice alternative.
 
Wel I would wait till they have got big and rehomed till you think about more fish.
 
The others are right, its better to move them on early before they start to feel the effects of a tank which is too small for them. In all honesty it won't take long for them to outgrow a 125L tank, given how active they are and how much room they need. And its very difficult to be honest with yourself and admit when they've reached that point if you like the fish, which means its the fish that'll suffer.

If I were you I'd ring your LFS and see if they'll accept them for store credit, and if they will take them back and use that credit for some alternatives.

Once the clowns are out of the tank I'd add 6-8 panda corys and a pair of german blue rams.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top