What Kind Of Tetras Are My "peaches"?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Reaction score
I am wondering if someone can help me identify my peach colored tetras.  When I got them they were sold as "Red Rio Tetras".  When I googled them, they differed slightly from my fish.  I am pretty sure that I have a female and two males.  The only differences between the males and the female is that the males fins are slightly more vibrant in color and the males are smaller.  Is there any way they can spawn in a community aquarium?  The first and last pictures are of the female, and the middle picture is one of the males. 
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Attachments

• DSCN3751.JPG
    DSCN3751.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN3755.JPG
    DSCN3755.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCN3756.JPG
    DSCN3756.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 161
Von rio, or flame tetras, if you ask me.

With only 3 in the tank, it could be. 

There is a "gold" breeding form which does not have the black bares.

Thank you for the info.  Glad to know about the gold variety.  As soon as I can get ahold of more, I will be adding to their number.  On a side note, I have never seen the bars on them, not even when they were in the store.  Thanks again! 

definitely not Peach Tetras! Hope this helps! Lol

Nice Tetras btw! :)

Onion-Creek-Oberhaslis said:
Thank you for the info.  Glad to know about the gold variety.  As soon as I can get ahold of more, I will be adding to their number.  On a side note, I have never seen the bars on them, not even when they were in the store.  Thanks again! 

FIsh in stores (almost) never display their full colors that they will in the wild or a home aquarium.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back