What Kind Of Gourami Is This

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cpanders

Reaction score
Brain.jpg

This is my fish. I was told he was a blue gourami but I'm not so sure (if that's even a type). He looks a little like a thick lipped gourami. I'm just wondering because he's been a lone fish for a year now and I was wondering if he would be happier with a tank mate. He attacked my kissing gourami who I bought him to be friends with a year ago (and the kissing gourami sadly died from the wounds) so I want to know what kind he is before I even think about a new friend for him.

Also how do you all get such clean pictures of your fish? Mine seems to love attention and swims like crazy if you are watching him up close.

Blue gourami is usually another name for the 3 spot gourami (trichogaster trichopterus). He could be I suppose, a bit hard to tell from the pic (and I need new glasses).
This thing about buying him a friend could be dodgy. Remember gouramis are highly territorial fish, so two male gouramis in the same tank is not usually a good idea. If he is a male and you have the room, you could try getting him two females of the same species, as long as they have room to escape if he gets overexcited.

Oh yes, he's got the tail, not a gourami tail. And the shape of his anal and dorsal are like a paradise fish too. Told you I need new glasses.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back