What is wrong with my betta?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

You should have gotten a Red one. Red Bettas are hardier.
I was between red and blue. I picked blue this time with the plan to get red the next time. Thatā€™s good to know. I incorrectly assumed that the color didnā€™t make a difference, but it must have to do with some aspect of the genetics related to breeding.

I was between red and blue. I picked blue this time with the plan to get red the next time. Thatā€™s good to know. I incorrectly assumed that the color didnā€™t make a difference, but it must have to do with some aspect of the genetics related to breeding.
Honestly, bettas, especially the more fancy varieties with long heavy tails, crowntails etc, are really prone to illnesses, and problems like tail rot. The large heavy fins are easily damaged which leads to tail rot and infections, hard for the fish to carry, the fish tend to be inbred and mass produced... The wild type bettas with short fins tend to be healthier, if you really want a betta. I know that's not helpful now! But worth bearing in mind for the future.

I didn't think anybody would actually believe me. I just like red ones better. They're all the same. But now that I think about it a red one should retain heat better and be healthier. Blue is a cold color.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back