What is this?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Cmackey3

Reaction score
My daughters betta had a white spot that has grown and is eating away at his dorsal area. I have tried several types of antibiotic treatments suggested by my fish supply store. I do not think this is fin rot but I am at a loss and am very worried about him. He is eating week an active but I think the dorsal loss is affecting his ability to swim well.

I included an early picture of the spot and what he looks like now.

Attachments

• IMG_8901.jpeg
    IMG_8901.jpeg
    286.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8905.jpeg
    IMG_8905.jpeg
    222.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 70656370099__814A77A4-2541-43C8-BEB0-7C6335BF731B.jpeg
    70656370099__814A77A4-2541-43C8-BEB0-7C6335BF731B.jpeg
    279.5 KB · Views: 27
IDK it could be a water problem.
do a water change.

Colin T would have a list of what to do.

Welcome to TFF

I'm no disease expert, but that poor fish is in very bad shape

@Colin_T , have a look

Those antibiotic treatments could have destroyed the beneficial bacteria in the tank. Whatever the issue is, you should do a large water change immediately.

I would ask Colin_T he’s always got good info for sick fish. It’s kind of hard to tell from the pictures do you have a normal (white light) setting for the lights rather than the colors? It might be a bit easier to see the fish if you do.

Check the water quality for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH. Post results in numbers.

What medications did you use and how long did you use them for?

Need clear pictures taken under normal white light.

Here are some better pictures. I had the water quality test several times and it came out good. I took pictures of the meds I have tried and I also did salt water dips based on recommendations from my fish store.
I was getting desperate enough to get him another tank because I have noticed his water has a film but the shop testing the water said not to worry about it. It is a 3 gallon tank and my last change was 50%. 1 week ago before starting Paragould after polyguard didn’t help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    358.5 KB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 17
Here are 2 of the water tests I had done. The wrote betta on the first sheet but he is G (last column) on the second sheet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    435.4 KB · Views: 19

Most reactions

Back