What Is This

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

weeveka

Reaction score
hi

i have recently started breeding my platy,molly and guppies, and today when cleaning out a breeding chanber i noticed something that i do not recognise as asn fry i have has before, its about 1.5 cm very flat headed at front and the tail section looks frayed almost rope like, any ideas

i have mikey mouse platies,guppies,mollies,zebra danios,lepeord frog pleco and just normal run of the mill plec, and kuali loach in tank right now.

i currently have platy,guppy and molly fry in another tank and none of them look anything like what i found

Attachments

• 2013-06-17 21.16.23.jpg
    2013-06-17 21.16.23.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 121
  • 2013-06-17 21.16.55.jpg
    2013-06-17 21.16.55.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 116
Aww why did you kill it? Could be just inbred. And it's definitely not parasitic based on the size. Hope this helped.

I don't see how you got the idea that the OP killed the fry, JoebW?

OP, I would say its definitely a livebearer, not a plec or loach for sure and I think too bug eyed for a danio. Guppy fry tend to be the longest out of the three I think... then molly and then platy.

Could be any really but my guess would probably be molly? I'm not entirely sure why though... but as for weird shape... genetic deformity is pretty common in livebearers...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back