What Is This Tool For?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sea Turtle

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Not sure what this tool is for but something tells me that I will need it for my reef aquatium, no?

mystery_tool.jpg

Its a refractometer used for measuring the salinity of marine water

THat is one of the greatest tool ever in the history of the world, its a refractometer and it is probably the most accurate way of testing your salinity, these beat the living daylights out of hydrometers, hydrometers are considered little plastic soveniers next to this thing. THats a milwaukee one, that is the one i have.

I would say you need it, it is worth the price.

you got that picture off my reef log didnt you....

It cost me 68 dollars at aquacave, free shipping since i spent more than 175 dollars that day

DFS has a sale on another company of refractometers, 45 dollars.

Geez, being a freshwater kinda girl, I could come up with a good dozen uses for that tool, but none of them had anything to do with fish..... :blush:

lol well it is one of my favorite piece of equipment, salt testing is SO easy and accurate with that thing. Want a link to where i got it? Do you live in the us?

B)-->QUOTE(Lynda B @ Jul 16 2007, 07:34 PM) [snapback]1693002[/snapback]
Geez, being a freshwater kinda girl, I could come up with a good dozen uses for that tool, but none of them had anything to do with fish..... :blush:[/quote]

:drool:

B)-->QUOTE(Lynda B @ Jul 16 2007, 02:34 PM) [snapback]1693002[/snapback]
Geez, being a freshwater kinda girl, I could come up with a good dozen uses for that tool, but none of them had anything to do with fish..... :blush:[/quote]

Lol, marry me :shifty:

B)-->QUOTE(Lynda B @ Jul 16 2007, 02:34 PM) [snapback]1693002[/snapback]
Geez, being a freshwater kinda girl, I could come up with a good dozen uses for that tool, but none of them had anything to do with fish..... :blush:[/quote]Funny you should say that, I had the same thought at first... :rofl:

B)-->QUOTE(Lynda B @ Jul 17 2007, 11:21 AM) [snapback]1694095[/snapback]
Lol, marry me :shifty:

I can't leave my husband, he knew what the tool was for..... :*

Hey, sea turtle, I'm in Connecticut, too..... didn't know we were neighbors..... :flowers:
[/quote]Cool!! What town do you live in and what lfs do you use? Are there any real good ones around?

I live in Naugatuck, near Waterbury..... and we mostly go to Waterbury Aquarium, 580 Lakewood Road, Waterbury 203-757-3832. They have really knowledgeable staff, healthy fish and lots of used equipment, if you're in the market.

We've also been to Fintastic Aquariums, which is somewhere around Rocky Hill. I wasn't all that impressed. Brand new store, but also brand new staff to fishkeeping. http://www.fintasticaquariums.com/

Also, Aquarium Conservation, a little hole in the wall place that the guy's been running for about 15 years. He knows his fish and probably has what you are looking for, whatever it is. 11 Berlin Rd, Cromwell, 860-632-7730.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back