FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

omegaman66

Reaction score
Any ideas?

brazil.jpg

havent a clue but it looks pretty dangerous lol
it looks like its come from the wild :)

I would watch it closely, but if you don't have any problems with bullying or anything I say keep it nd good for you. I havn't seen anything like that before.

i have, it obviously one of the PACU species, google search pacu info or soemthing, or image search pacu, i am sure you will find it is a certain type of pacu, they come from brasil and in general south america, some species get HUGE, they are closely related to pirahna's but lack the teeth and the nasty dispostion, they are generally compatable but grow very big, and will eat most things that will fit in their mouth.
hope that helps.
kubora666

My vote for a Pacu also. Looks like the one they had at a zoo back east that was 4' across. I keep thinking Fruit eater. Good luck!

Went on a fast look and it looks like a Black or Black fin Pacu. Ihope you have a big tank! They say to Start Out with a 100 gal min!

I have looked all over and it just doesn't look like a pacu to me. Maybe it is because it is smaller than most of the pictures of pacu that I have seen. The dorsal fin on a pacu just doesn't appear to go as far back as the dorsal in the picture. And a pacu just looks a little different in where the weight is distributed on the body. Pacu seems to be more heavy below the center line whereas this one seems to be a bit more meaty body above the center line.

And just so you will know this isn't my fish. I am just trying to figure it out for someone else.

Not sure myself as others say looks similar to a pacu! Looks like you have a dining table in your fish tank aswell!! lol

Yeah, Sheep Pacu. Quite hard to come by I think, great fish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back