What Is This Creature?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Madjonny

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Im at the end of my fishless cycle now, but a few weeks ago i got some plants, not only did some snails hitch a ride, so did something else... (Only just spotted it or the first time...)

It is around 8mm in length, 6 legs, small fly like head, a wasp like body...

There is a picture attached...

What could it be and should I be concerned? Or will fish eat him once I get some?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 44
Get a net and scoop it out.   Not a CLUE what that is.  
Giving me the creeps lol :S

I got it out anyway... Didn't like the look of it...

Still interested in what it was...

Oh my, that is creepy! Looks like a little shrimp of some sort?

It's not a dragonfly nymph is it, it looks very similar to one i had in my aquarium and I took pictures of it and showed my local aquatic shop, they told me to take it out the aquarium quick because it would eat my baby guppies but I had already removed it anyway.

scoop it out and give us a close up. It looks like a bumblebee goby lol but then you said 6 legs and insect like in nature so whatever the abomination of nature is i wanna see it up close lol.

oh wow is that thing on the left half of it it's head? if so then I think you need an exorcist forum not a fish forum.

Cannot unsee what has been seen - gah!

not a water scorpion I have raised those myself (bored summer project), I need a close up to tell what it is.

Unfortunately it already went down the sink, before it occurred to me to get a better picture...

But it definatly had 6 legs and was insect like more than anything...

awwwwww I wanted to identify it, oh well ill get over it lol best its gone whatever it was pretty sure it wasn't friendly.

Here's a video of I just found, this is 100% the creature I saw...
It not much help as its blurry...

http://youtu.be/HllyIHFm7N8

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back