What Is That Fish Called?

louis_23

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi all the two fish in my finding nemo advatar, i know the one is a clown fish whats the other? a aquatics shop sells both by me and id love to one day when gained exsperience have some. also would they live happly with clown fish? and what sort of things would i need in a tank to keep fish like these? :)

The other fish is a Regal Blue Tang.
You would be best posting in the saltwater section to get all the help you need. :good:

they're also called hippo tangs.

Nemo is an ocellaris clownfish. They look almost identical to percula clownfish though.

The tang will require at least a 100 gal aquarium. A lone clownfish is fine in about a 30 gal. They'll get to be about a foot long. Both clownfish and tangs can be aggressive.

Clownfish will usually defend one area of the tank with a good amount of aggression. Anemones are not needed, or optimal for clowns. Anemones are very hard to keep.
You can't have more than 2 adult clownfish in a tank, one male & one female. If you get two, get two small ones. They all start as unsexed juveniles then will mature (unsexed -> male -> female, although they can skip the male stage). One will become a female and the lesser a male. Large clowns kept alone will be females and will not tolerate another female.

Most reactions

Back