What is eating my Hydrocotyle tripartita 'Japan'?

KatNor21

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jun 30, 2021
Messages
96
Reaction score
22
Points
8
Location
Washington
Is something eating my plant? I just got it a week ago. In this tank, I have a small colony of red rili shrimp, 1 mystery snail, 1 nerite snail, and I have some hitchhikers - what I believe are tiny ramshorn snails, detritus worms, and copepods. I've seen the little snails and shrimp on the leaves but I can't tell if they're eating them or not. Or is this just normal post-planting melt? Looks a little different from other plants and looks more like something chomping on them.
 

Attachments

  • 234304111_320979533093003_736454289822721417_n.webp
    234304111_320979533093003_736454289822721417_n.webp
    78.2 KB · Views: 221
Here's a couple close ups
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20210808_155521989.webp
    PXL_20210808_155521989.webp
    98.1 KB · Views: 153
  • PXL_20210808_155535093.webp
    PXL_20210808_155535093.webp
    179.7 KB · Views: 158
Plant melt...mystery snails will not eat healthy, living plants, but they WILL graze on deteriorating plant matter
 
Here's an updated picture. Something is definitely eating it. They are stripping the leaves and leaving just the stems. My guess is the shrimp. Can anyone confirm that they do this?
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20210811_194616657.webp
    PXL_20210811_194616657.webp
    209.7 KB · Views: 184
I may have found the culprit...
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20210812_211232102.webp
    PXL_20210812_211232102.webp
    247.8 KB · Views: 169
Here's an updated picture. Something is definitely eating it. They are stripping the leaves and leaving just the stems. My guess is the shrimp. Can anyone confirm that they do this?
I doubt shrimp would be the culprit
 

Most reactions

Back
Top