What food do you feed your bettas?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Car1os

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Ive seen many differnt foods but have no idea what to get. Obviously looking for something that doesnt grow bigger with water.

i do not have a betta, want one though so i do not know if it is tasty for them

I feed mine Omega One Bettas Buffet pellets and Fluval Bug Bites.(for small to medium fish)

He enjoys both and eats them readily.

I'm currently feeding mine Flural Bug Bites and I know a lot of people recommend them for most fish. I also feed Tetra tropical flakes on occasion and frozen brine shrimp. This isn't a recommendation of something to do but I like to feed my betta fish with tweezers, it grows their trust with you, but that took a long time for him to be comfortable enough for me to hand feed him so... take it slow... kind of off topic but its just a cool thing.

Do you feed the omega one pellets to adults only?
Yes, I only have one Betta. You may need to get “First Bites” for a baby Betta.

Here is my Betta “setup”:
image.jpg

Omega Sea Betta Buffet Pellets and frozen bloodworms. I don't know if my fish is weird but he prefers the pellets over bloodworms. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

i have a question, do you just find some (maple leaves in your case) and wash then and stick em in? or do yoiu have to buy online,
I found those near (but no in) the river on my property. If you are going to collect wild, make sure that it’s far from any road, and make sure you have the correct species of leaf.

ive heard brine shrimp and bug bites are fine, or any flake that can be crunched into smaller flakes
Wouldn’t feed a betta flake as it swells and is also harder to give appropriate portion sizes

How do they swallow more air with flakes in particular?
If they are used to pellets, it could be an issue. Flakes are extremely think unlike pellets. If the Betta is used to taking in larger mouthfuls are a time, he could swallow lots of air. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back