What fish??

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

snotirl

Fish Addict
Reaction score
IM starting up a new tank a 70 litre and i want ur idea of what i should put in it . BUT i want defintly ruby barbs in it so....?? what go with them>>??

From what I've read about Ruby Barbs (pretty fish!), you shouldn't keep them with long finned fish (i.e. angels), because they can be nippers like other species of barbs. Same with slow moving fish - I wouldn't really recommend them if you're going to have barbs. Get a minimum of about 4, though I'd really recommend 6 min. (the more the better) since they are a schooling fish and will more likely leave your other fish alone if they are more interested in each other. You could get some Danios, Rainbows, or Clown Loaches to go with your Ruby Barbs. All these fish are pretty hardy and mild-tempered. Good luck, and enjoy your new tank! :)

clown loaches get too big for a 70 litre, you also need a few of them, so they aren't suitable for that size tank.

Corys are nice bottom dwellers, and don't get too big. Also there are some loaches that can be put in a 70 litre, Khuli loaches are nice, though they do hide, though the more you get the more they come out

Hope you're enjoying your new tank. :D

If you go with clown loaches you should be ok for awhile but you must plan on getting them a larger home. They do grow pretty slowely.

How many gallons is 70 litres?

Most reactions

Back