What Fish To Add To My Tank Now?

Mystil

Fishaholic
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
557
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Somerset (UK)
Hello Guys

My lido has FINALLY cycled....

I have 6 neon tetra and 2 danios...


What should I get next??

I am definatly going to get some more danios today as I have one which likes to chase the other fish... :rolleyes: I am hoping with more that will spread the agression.

I was thinking of afew baloon mollies.

How do they get on with other fish? how many should i keep in a group?

I am not particularly looking to breed.

Also I would like a fish that is my centre peice (as such)....I was thinking of Blue Rams but I am not sure they will be okay with other fish....

What are your ideas?

Thank you for all the advice everyone has given me over the past few weeks.

Liza
 
Blue rams are ok. I have two in my lido 120 (very nice tank choice)! My stocking is in my sig and everyone seems to get along fine. I've had no problems. Danios are awesome to watch in big groups. I had neons but my syno ate them! x
 
Ouch!!! Poor tetras...i bet your syno had indigestion after that....

Do you have one male and female in your tank? How do you contain their aggression when they try to breed?
 
I was thinking some corys, maybe a clown loach or two?
I am aware that they will grow quite large....Hopeully when they get to a larger size I can get a bigger tank.....
I dont really like Plecos at all....
I also need something that lives at the very top of the tank....my danios and tetras go everywhere in the tank. :rolleyes:
 
I was thinking some corys, maybe a clown loach or two?
I am aware that they will grow quite large....Hopeully when they get to a larger size I can get a bigger tank.....
Probably best to wait until you have the right size tank for them. There's nothing worse than them getting too big and realising that you don't have room/money for that larger tank just yet. :unsure:

Cories would be good, what substrate do you have? They prefer a sand base or fine round gravel.

Don't like Plecos? :crazy: ... each to their own I suppose ;)
 
Sorry....I am just not a pleco lover...I have seen how big they get!

:blush: :ninja:


I have sand substrate with real plants at the moment.
 
bristlenose plecs don't get too big, and i think they look lovely, especially the males...and if you are intending to get mollies remember that they need a slight brackish water if you want to keep them completly disease free...tank sounds good btw :)
 
I have two male rams so no breeding aggression. Yeah he was really chubby for a while! Top dwellers maybe you could go for hatchetfish? If you don't like plecos maybe otto's are the way to go?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top