snowyangel
Fish Gatherer
- Joined
- Nov 7, 2003
- Messages
- 2,636
- Reaction score
- 3
- Points
- 0
Now no one take these stats to heart and think all these types of fish would get along regularly, but I would say my oddest combination of fish in a tank would be what's in my mixed cichlid tank: 6 adult (and breeding) keyholes, 2 bolivian rams, 3 emerald catfish, 4 rostrata loaches, big female swordtail, common pleco and a female betta.
You would think you should keep cichlids with cichlids but my swordtail was getting too aggressive in the tetra tank and now thats she's almost the same size as the keyholes(3 inches +) she actually schools with the keyholes and she doesn't disturb a thing! The female betta was given to me b/c she was too agressive aswell, same as the bolivians were too aggressive for another persons tank so I adopted those aswell. Now all these semi aggressive odd balls get along like the Partridge family in one big tank. Never had an aggression problem or any injuries, they all get along like peas in a pod. Maybe they all know they're equal matches for each other? lol. I dunno, I just thought it was a weird assortment that usually wouldn't work out.
So c'mon, what odd assortment of fish do you have kept together that usually shouldn't be/wouldn't get along regularly?
You would think you should keep cichlids with cichlids but my swordtail was getting too aggressive in the tetra tank and now thats she's almost the same size as the keyholes(3 inches +) she actually schools with the keyholes and she doesn't disturb a thing! The female betta was given to me b/c she was too agressive aswell, same as the bolivians were too aggressive for another persons tank so I adopted those aswell. Now all these semi aggressive odd balls get along like the Partridge family in one big tank. Never had an aggression problem or any injuries, they all get along like peas in a pod. Maybe they all know they're equal matches for each other? lol. I dunno, I just thought it was a weird assortment that usually wouldn't work out.
So c'mon, what odd assortment of fish do you have kept together that usually shouldn't be/wouldn't get along regularly?


. Danios aern't realy advised stocking with guppys as they are often too hyper active and competive with them, but this isn't the case with mine although i'd still never advise danios with guppys on the whole i think my case is a one off.
'd my cory. When I would walk in the kitchen he would be all snuggled up against him on the bottom of the tank and when he saw me he would swim away real quick like got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.







