What Fish For My 20 Gallon Tank?

bagu

Shouldn't you be looking to the right?
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
2,996
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Spalding, Lincs
heya guys!

firstly, here is my tank... here

anyway, the tank has been aquascaped ALOT, and the dwarf puffers are in a new tank ;)

In the tank at the moment is:

2 German Blue Rams (male and female I " :huh: think")
1 BN pleco (around a month and a half)
1 Flying Fox

Thing is, my tank is planted very nicely, and well, sitting down and watching the tank with my family, it looks like there is nothing in the tank lol =/, the 2 GBR's will stay hidden, the flying fox will dart around, and the plec is a plec lol :D

So anyway, could anyone advise me on a group of fish that would be stunning to swim middle-top in the tank, fill in that gap ;) water qualtiy in my tank is superb, and everything is dandy.


Thanks guys

Baguuu ;)
 
I am going to be getting Endlers for one of my tanks.

I dont know how they will get a long with the rams, but they should be just fine.

Endlers look very attractive and love to shoal. You could easily get away with 15-20 of them in your 20 gallon tank.

-FHM
 
I am going to be getting Endlers for one of my tanks.

I dont know how they will get a long with the rams, but they should be just fine.

Endlers look very attractive and love to shoal. You could easily get away with 15-20 of them in your 20 gallon tank.

-FHM

Hey,

Did you look at the tank? becuse its more cubeish, not lengthy =/, 15-20!!! thats alot! what about the bioload?

thanks mate

baguuu ;)
 
Yeah, I am getting 15 Endlers in my 10 gallon, but they are all going to be male.

If you start mixing sexes than I guess a whole other issue rises.

I would say you would be okay with 15-20, since I was told 15 will be good for my 10 gallon.

-FHM
 
Yeah, I am getting 15 Endlers in my 10 gallon, but they are all going to be male.

If you start mixing sexes than I guess a whole other issue rises.

I would say you would be okay with 15-20, since I was told 15 will be good for my 10 gallon.

-FHM

heya!

thanks for that mate! ill look into it ;)

Also, how many cardinal/neon tetras could i keep?

thanks

baguuu ;)
 
If you are just going to go with 1 species of shoaling fish, I would say 15-20 of them, like the endlers. But if you mis the endlers with neons, than you are probably looking at 10 of each. That is if neons and endlers get along okay in the same tank.

Hopefully someone will be able to clarify this.

-FHM
 
heya minnow ;)

I might mix them, or, i'd like to know how many neons only i can keep in the tank?
 
heya minnow ;)

I might mix them, or, i'd like to know how many neons only i can keep in the tank?

lol, I like that! :P

I would guess if you are just going to keep the neons, that you could keep the same amount of them as you would endlers.

I really dont know how endlers and neons will get a long(can someone clarify) but if they get along fine, you should be able to get about 10 of each.

If you go with endlers just get all males, if you mix sexes then I guess a whole new issue arises.

A far as the neons, if you just get all neons, I dont know if it is a good idea or not to mix sexes(can someone clarify)

-FHM
 
I would go for a nice shoal of something, possibly neons providing your water quality is good. I would put about 10 in a tank of that size, and the sexes can mix with no problems. Im not sure how the rams will do with other smaller fish since ive never kept them so thats something to look into.
Harlequin rasboras are also nice shoaling fish, endlers are nice if you can get hold of them.
 
lol, I like that! tongue2.gif

I would guess if you are just going to keep the neons, that you could keep the same amount of them as you would endlers.

I really dont know how endlers and neons will get a long(can someone clarify) but if they get along fine, you should be able to get about 10 of each.

If you go with endlers just get all males, if you mix sexes then I guess a whole new issue arises.

A far as the neons, if you just get all neons, I dont know if it is a good idea or not to mix sexes(can someone clarify)

-FHM
I would go for a nice shoal of something, possibly neons providing your water quality is good. I would put about 10 in a tank of that size, and the sexes can mix with no problems. Im not sure how the rams will do with other smaller fish since ive never kept them so thats something to look into.
Harlequin rasboras are also nice shoaling fish, endlers are nice if you can get hold of them.

Heya,

glad you like the name minnow ^^ lol!

Ill take a look at tetras then, or ill convince my dad that endlers and neons (he doesnt like guppies :D)

thanks alot guys, i will defo keep you posted :)
 
2-3 Golden Wonders Panchax,
Stunning top water predatory fish that would be fine with your current tankmates
 
2-3 Golden Wonders Panchax,
Stunning top water predatory fish that would be fine with your current tankmates
/quote]

oh my god they look beautiful!!!!!

okay, so shortlist is

a mix of neons and endlers and rasboras
or 2-3 Golden Wonders Panchax

hehe >< cant decide xD
 

Most reactions

Back
Top