What Fish Appreciate A Current?

Thomas 2507

Fishaholic
Joined
Feb 11, 2008
Messages
528
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I am setting up a stream biotype. So far have decided on White Cloud Mountain Minnows and Cherry Shrimp because I know that they appreciate a current.

Are there any other small fish (below 6cm/3 incles) that will appreciate my biotype?
 
any species of danio, pretty much any rasbora and hill stream loaches as well as most botias
 
If you are doing a biotope then you should be looking at the fish that would be living together in streams.

With WCMMs you would also have Hillstream loaches :good:

edit: Wolf beat me :lol:
 
Hmm.... I can't find a profile for Hillstream Loaches on the species index.
 
Okay, thanks. So would shrimp naturally live with white clouds? What other fish would natureally live with white clouds too?
 
Cool, thanks. Still don't know if shrimp natureally live with WCMM? What other fish live with white clouds?
 
Cool, thanks. Still don't know if shrimp natureally live with WCMM? What other fish live with white clouds?


All the fish suggested so far can live with WCMM's, if you consider getting hillstream loaches i'd recommend that you read this article as well;

http://www.loaches.com/articles/hillstream...n-the-fast-lane

(if you do get them, its best to have some algae growing in the tank as hillstream loaches are fish which do not easily take to prepared foods, having algae growing on stuff in the tank is particularly important when the loaches are new as many sold in LFS are half-starved).

How large is the tank exactly? There are many loaches that can live in river tanks, like yoyo laches and dojo loaches, but its important to know how big your tank is. If its large enough, torpedo/roseline barbs would make another good option :thumbs: .
 
In a 40l you could only have a small shoal of WCMMs and and couple of hillstream loaches. I am not sure about cherry shrimp but I know that ghost shrimp can live in cooler water. Also I'm not sure you would have room for shrimp as well unless you took away the loaches. Try doing a search on google or something on cherry shrimp.
 
I agree, 8-10 WCMM's and 2 hillstream loaches and a few small shrimp sounds ok to me for such a tank depending on its length and width.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top