What Else?

snoopyfrench87

Fishaholic
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
415
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UK
This is my Community tropical tank:
n720420343_2747288_2520.jpg

n720420343_2747291_3677.jpg

n720420343_2747292_4079.jpg

This tank is slightly bow fronted, the tank measures: L2ft, W9inches(at the ends), H13inches, W11inches(in the middle) -This tank has two small filters: 1 Rena Filstar and one Hvdor Interpet Ipf1.
The tank is aerated by an Aqua air AP2 pump to an air stone hidden in a flower pot.
This community tank is home to 1 gold ringed butterfly sucker, 1 silver molly, 1 balloon molly, 1 mickey mouse platy and 14 adult fancy guppies + 8 guppy fry & two leopard snails. This is a mixed aquarium with live and fake plants. The substrate is gravel.

I want to add a couple more fish but cant decide what - was planning on adding glass catfish but have read that they grow quite large and like to live in groups i don't know if i have space. im looking for a docile largish fish.... any suggestions - i don't think i have the height for angels...

Also, this is my Betta tank:
n720420343_2747289_2924.jpg

n720420343_2747290_3291.jpg

This tank measures: L15inches, W10inches, H10inches.
The tank is filtered with a corner bubble box filter powered by an Aqua Air AP1.
The tank is heated by a Rena Cal 100w
The substrate is fine white aquarium sand. the plants are fake. apart from the moss ball and soft grass.
This fish is extremely aggressive towards other fish - wondered if there are any options for things to go in his tank? will betta's attack a butterfly sucker? or a snail? or shrimp? and anyone have any suggestions for smooth surface decorations? - his tail is in a state because of a tree root ornament my mum added when i was away.... can anyone tell me what type of betta he is?

thank you!! :good:
 
No suggestions, but had to post..
Nice active looking Community tank you got :D
 
I dont know much about Betta's but i think its a "Veiltail"
 
thanks ace of spades!! - any suggestions of a fish to add to the community tank? :good:
 
How's about a Dwarf Gourami?

Peaceful, nosey, characterful, beautiful....

Andy
 
i had been offered two honey dwarf gourami, dont really know much about them - so wasnt really sure - and i prefer blue ones. :unsure:
 
From personal experience, the only things I have put in with a male betta are some larger snails. I can't see your pics at work, but with reference to honey gourami, they're peaceful little fish and the male colours up beautifully when showing off to his laydee :D They like a tank that's not fast moving current or tankmate wise.
 
From personal experience, the only things I have put in with a male betta are some larger snails. I can't see your pics at work, but with reference to honey gourami, they're peaceful little fish and the male colours up beautifully when showing off to his laydee :D They like a tank that's not fast moving current or tankmate wise.

I put my male betta in with Platys, Dainos, Sucking Loaches, 2 Opaline Gourami's. Then a oscar at one point just while I was looking after it and he did fine, it might of been a lucky one but he did fine.
 
Sorry I might be missing something due to fluffy head from flu but the first tank is about 60l so is at the moment fully stocked with 14 guppy and the plattys and mollys infact its over stocked my 60l is overstocked and I have a lot less in than you doi infact I have less than 1/2 the guppies you do. Pop over to the livebearers section and check with someone a bit more in the know but I'm sure they will say the same also with fancy guppys you have the problem of tail nippers.
 
I put my male betta in with Platys, Dainos, Sucking Loaches, 2 Opaline Gourami's. Then a oscar at one point just while I was looking after it and he did fine, it might of been a lucky one but he did fine.
You're luckier than me then :lol: My first ever betta chewed the tails off my neons and I was so traumatised I've not tried a male betta in with anything else since :crazy:
 
nice looking tank :good: ive got my female betta in with some zebra danios at the moment
scot
 

Most reactions

Back
Top