What does everyone use as a background

I used a garbage bag - looks like I'm the only one using it... :lol:

i used aquarium sealant and made a rock wall out of Lava rock for my 10 Gallon. Huge bag was only $3-4 at the home improvement store.

My 20 gallon uses the wall behind it as the background ;)

A picture of He-Man... Im looking to get a hold of other cartoon super hero's to finish off the rest of my tank.

thatfishplace.com sells all kinds...sizes, colors etc. 1.99-2.99 as foot...cheap and waterproof.

I have a hex shaped tank and bought the backing from the lfs that is blue on one side and black on the other. I cover the back three sides of the tank, it hides all the wires and filter as well as makes the black tube from the filter almost invisible.

I also think that it adds depth to the tank and as already mentioned, brings out the colors of many of the fish.

Why go out and buy backgrounds, you can get wallpaper samples from DIY stores for free or you can get posters for almost nothing (if you look hard enough), or just simply paint the back (although I wouldn't recommend that 'cos you can't change it easily). :)

When I first set the tank up it just had the white wall behind it, which looked okay but didn't hide the cables and got a bit boring.

Then I used a piece of brown cardboard for a while, which looked suprisingly good, and particularly suited the colour of the water when the driftwood was first leaking tannins.

Last weekend I added black card on top of the cardboard. It looks a lot better now, but it does show up the brown algae (hopefully the Otos will take care of that when they arrive) and any bits in the water a lot more.

I only background that I considered buying was a plain one with varying shades of dark blue.

two coats of dark blue blackboard paint then a coat of white gloss on top to water proof (comes off easy too)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back