What Do You Think?

S6TGP

New Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2007
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Kent
Hi all

I have just purchased a roma 125, and going for a planted tank, im going to have 3 different types of plants in the tank, bog wood and java moss. I was considering in putting the following in the tank:

30 Neon Tetras
12 Rummy Nose Tetras
2 Dwarf Gouramis
2 Angel Fish
6 Kuli Loaches
6 Leopard Cory's
1 Gold Nugget Pleco

What do you guys think? Open to any comments.
Thanks for reading my topic, much appreciated

Tom
 
Hi all

I have just purchased a roma 125, and going for a planted tank, im going to have 3 different types of plants in the tank, bog wood and java moss. I was considering in putting the following in the tank:

30 Neon Tetras
12 Rummy Nose Tetras
2 Dwarf Gouramis
2 Angel Fish
6 Kuli Loaches
6 Leopard Cory's
1 Gold Nugget Pleco

What do you guys think? Open to any comments.
Thanks for eading my topic, much appreciated

Tom

I'm "eading" your topic & seems fine to me.....I've never really included Kuhlis into the space invading equation... They're "just there"
 
Hi all

I have just purchased a roma 125, and going for a planted tank, im going to have 3 different types of plants in the tank, bog wood and java moss. I was considering in putting the following in the tank:

30 Neon Tetras
12 Rummy Nose Tetras
2 Dwarf Gouramis
2 Angel Fish
6 Kuli Loaches
6 Leopard Cory's
1 Gold Nugget Pleco

What do you guys think? Open to any comments.
Thanks for eading my topic, much appreciated

Tom

I'm "eading" your topic & seems fine to me.....I've never really included Kuhlis into the space invading equation... They're "just there"

lol was ment to be reading, thanks for you comment
 
Hi all

I have just purchased a roma 125, and going for a planted tank, im going to have 3 different types of plants in the tank, bog wood and java moss. I was considering in putting the following in the tank:

30 Neon Tetras
12 Rummy Nose Tetras
2 Dwarf Gouramis
2 Angel Fish
6 Kuli Loaches
6 Leopard Cory's
1 Gold Nugget Pleco

What do you guys think? Open to any comments.
Thanks for eading my topic, much appreciated

Tom

I'm "eading" your topic & seems fine to me.....I've never really included Kuhlis into the space invading equation... They're "just there"

lol was ment to be reading, thanks for you comment

Two issues I can see:

1. Angels eat neon's in the wild - there is a risk that when the angels get big enough, you'll notice you have less neon's each morning.

2. For a 125 tank that looks heavily overstocked to me.
 
Nice observation Tenho5.... Yes.. I was assuming you meant adult neons and juvi angels.... If they grow up that way it would (should) not be a problem.
 
Yeah i can see where your coming from Tenho, but that will be like couple years down, i prob cut the neons down to about 20 to be honest and thanks for your opinion will be taken into consideration.
 
To give you an idea of stocking amounts, the most famous guideline is 1 inch of fish per gallon. Yours is a 33G tank.

Neons are 1.75 inches adult size - 35 inches
Angels are another 5 inches minimum - 10 inches
Rummy noses 2 inches - 24 inches
Dwarf gourami's 2 inches - 4 inches
Khuli loach 4 inches - 24 inches
Leopard corys 2 inches - 12 inches
Golden nugget plec 8 inches (this will potentially outgrow your tank.)

Total 117 inches. I've heard about people who are overfiltered and with a mature tank go as far as 2 inches per gallon but however you look at it, your stocking list is a bad idea. At first glance I thought you were talking about an overstocked tank - now I'm sure of it. Its very easy to get carried away when planning a tank but you have to be realistic.

My advice would be to either cut a load out - maybe a single khuli, lose the neon's completely (or the angels) and go for a smaller plec - the golden nugget can grow as big as 14 inches, though normally only reaches 8 - which is still to big for you tank.

Either way you need to do something about that stocking list. It won't work.

The other option is to buy another tank and divvy them up between the two tanks.
 
yh see what you mean, i have got a 60litre tank aswell, so i could get that running but 2was oging to use dat as a quaratine, but i can see where your coming from, thnaks for your advice, i may
 
QT tanks can be picked up cheaply mate.

Personally I started with a 65 litre, couldn't make my mind up what (out of the original stocking list) to get rid of...so I bought another tank for what wouldn't fit.

5 tanks later I'm still looking to expand, and am spending a fortune on the hobby - no so much on the fish, but on sweetners to my other half...

:)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top