Hey guys...
I currently have upgraded my 10 gallon tank to a 20 gallon tank. In my 10 gallon was a Penguin Bio-Wheel 100 (rated up to 20 gallons) which I moved to my 20 gallon. I was very happy with the amount of filtration I had on the ten gallon, but now obviously since I went from 2x the amount of filtration to 1x the amount of filtration The filter has to work harder and it takes much longer for the tank to clear up. The tank is heavily planted and will be very well stocked when the time comes. My first thought was to upgrade to a bigger filter rated for 30 gallons but then I thought about getting a second Penguin Bio-Wheel 100 and running it on the other side of the tank. The benefits here are that I will get better water movement as well as 2x the filtration for the tank. It is also cheaper to buy then getting a bigger one and I have plenty of extra filter cartridges for it. I can also alternate replacing the filters so that one always has a good bacteria colony. The only downside I can see is that I will have much more surface agitation which could effect my CO2 (which is pressurized).
Think this would work/be a good idea? Any other downsides?
Cheers!
I currently have upgraded my 10 gallon tank to a 20 gallon tank. In my 10 gallon was a Penguin Bio-Wheel 100 (rated up to 20 gallons) which I moved to my 20 gallon. I was very happy with the amount of filtration I had on the ten gallon, but now obviously since I went from 2x the amount of filtration to 1x the amount of filtration The filter has to work harder and it takes much longer for the tank to clear up. The tank is heavily planted and will be very well stocked when the time comes. My first thought was to upgrade to a bigger filter rated for 30 gallons but then I thought about getting a second Penguin Bio-Wheel 100 and running it on the other side of the tank. The benefits here are that I will get better water movement as well as 2x the filtration for the tank. It is also cheaper to buy then getting a bigger one and I have plenty of extra filter cartridges for it. I can also alternate replacing the filters so that one always has a good bacteria colony. The only downside I can see is that I will have much more surface agitation which could effect my CO2 (which is pressurized).
Think this would work/be a good idea? Any other downsides?
Cheers!







