What Do You Think Fish Talk And Think About?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

collared_drifter

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
ok when i always look at my fish i always think about what they are feeling or thkning, or talking about... and i always wonder... do they not like it in their so called, *perfect* tank? maybe they know that they are actually in captivity? also i wonder what they talk about? :lol: :fun: IM BETTING THAT THEY ARE THINKING ABOUT HOW TO ESCAPE... :sly:

I think of my fish more like someone would think of a pet dog. The dog doesn't think of itself as a captive trying to escape. My fish are always active, swimming up and down when I come up to the tank. Almost as if they are trying to get my attention. To me that seems like the way a dog would act (well if it was a fish) trying to get attention and hopefully maybe a treat too! My oscar definately seems to act like a pet. He only likes me, if he sees my girlfriend he starts flares his gills at her. But then when I come up to the tank instead he seems to almost be wagging his tail.

I think of my fish more like someone would think of a pet dog. The dog doesn't think of itself as a captive trying to escape. My fish are always active, swimming up and down when I come up to the tank. Almost as if they are trying to get my attention. To me that seems like the way a dog would act (well if it was a fish) trying to get attention and hopefully maybe a treat too! My oscar definately seems to act like a pet. He only likes me, if he sees my girlfriend he starts flares his gills at her. But then when I come up to the tank instead he seems to almost be wagging his tail.

I think of my fish much higher than most people do. Alot like you seem to. I agree, this happens alot :nod:
They always beg for treats! My festivum has begging down to a fine science. Whenever i walk into the room, he comes to the front of the tank, he clamps his fins, lightens his colour, and looks sick. As soon as he thinks im going to feed him, he returns completely normal and pigs out. Also, my cichlids do not react well to new people, and will not take food from people they do not often see.

I think about what my oscar pair is thinking of, they look like the're talking about the red devil i recently was given. They hate that poor guy. However, perhaps in the future it will be possible to make a device capable of decoding thoughts...... quite a wild thought really.

It may be possible that your festivum is actually scared of you, then when you put food in the tank it forgets about you and eats. OR maybe you are right, though I have my doubts about the complexity of thought processes of most animals and the ability of most animals to draw conlcusions.

Food and sex.

And I think some of them do like each other's company, apart from sex and shoaling. Also, that they do enjoy exploring their surroundings, worth trying to make it interesting for them.

I doubt mine are planning an escape though. Tbh, what place have they ever known that was better than this? The lfs tank? The breeders? A plastic bag?

Food and sex.

And I think some of them do like each other's company, apart from sex and shoaling. Also, that they do enjoy exploring their surroundings, worth trying to make it interesting for them.

I doubt mine are planning an escape though. Tbh, what place have they ever known that was better than this? The lfs tank? The breeders? A plastic bag?
:lol: How right you are dwarfgourami,my two Angels see me and think----MUMMY WITH FOOD YEAAAAAAA!!!. :wub:

When I walk into the room they think"here comes dinner"and when i walk into the room an hour later they think "here comes dinner"and when i come in an hour later they think "here comes dinner"ad infinitum.
Maybe between times they are thinking about global warming or how difficult todays suduko puzzle was but somehow I dont think so
:)

what fish talk about:
Bob: Did you here about george?
Frank: no? what happened?
Bob: well, he got stuck to the filter intake... i tried to help honest!
Frank: are you serious? no wonder i didnt see him feeding today...
Bob: yah well.... all i know now is that margret has 700 kids to raise on her own...
Frank: When is funeral?
Bob: didnt u here to toilet flushing?!?! :-( HES GONE FRANK!
Frank: dont worry Bob... toilet heaven is a good place for neons....
The End

thats what fish talk about when sombody dies.... :rolleyes:

If I'm in the room where my pleco is he comes out of hiding and goes to the front of the tank going up and down on the front glass but if someone else comes in the room to look at him he jumps off the front glass and goes as fast as he can back to his hiding spot and once they leave he comes back out and starts going up and down on the front glass again.

But this is what the fish in the tank in finding nemo say

Gill : alright nemo you see that filter over there?
Nemo: Yea
Gill: well you'll take this pebble spit it into the filter then you will jump in and you'll see a small rotating fan. Then you will take the pebble slowley and carfully wedge it into the fan and once the fan stops you will swim up the tube and out. Ah its fool proof. B)

I have my doubts about the complexity of thought processes of most animals and the ability of most animals to draw conlcusions.
Yeah, its commen for any animal lover to give their animal human-like traits. Although no animal actually posses exact human-like traits, they posses certian traits we do not.
A big one is that we have lungs and they have gills.
Fish have a personallity to a level, but think of it - We can predict fish' attitudes tword other fish, even before we own them. You can't do that with humans.
I think we all give to much credit to our fish... :nod:

Mine probably think, when I come to the tank: "here, comes the almighty feeder and water chager lets entertain him"; and when someone else does: "ah he isn't important, lets hide." :D :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back