What Do You Feed Your Fish?

adam98150

Fish Addict
Joined
Dec 28, 2005
Messages
754
Reaction score
3
Points
0
I was just wondering what everyone feeds there fish? I myself only have two different types of food - King British Tropical Fish Flakes and King British Catfish Pellets.

So, what do you feed yours? I'm looking for recommendations, as i want to buy at least another three different types of foods.

:good:
 
Hi,

as you do King British Tropical Fish Flakes and King British Catfish Pellets, algae wafers, frozen brine shrimp, frozen daphina, frozen bloodworm. Live bloodworm.
 
Depends a lot on the fish. All of mine get a commercial flake or pelleted growth food but they get supplements depending on what fish they are. The obvious predatory types get lots of frozen foods like brine shrimp, blood worms and daphnia. The ones that like a high vegetable diet get added spirulina and fresh blanched vegetables from my kitchen. These are things like cucumber, brussel sprout leaves, lettuce leaf and even any of the squash that are readily available.
 
At the moment i feed my fish

Tetra Variety Wafers
King British Tropical Fish flake food
PPI Freeze Dried Bloodworms
PPI Freeze Dries Tubifex

As well as Cucumber and Courgette (zucchini)
 
Thank you for the replies. ;)

You all have very good diets, i'm off to purchase some more food today. I was thinking - Hikari Tropical Algae Wafers, Hikari Micro Pellets, Interpet Freeze Dried River shrimp / Blood Worms / Krill / Daphnia and maybe some type of flake food, possibly by Tetra.

Is this ok?
 
I feed mine flakes :)

Nice. :good:

------------------

Right, i've just ordered some Hikari Tropical Algae Wafers, Hikari Tropical Micro Wafers and also some Tetra Min Crisps. So, my food collection is as follows ~

King British Tropical Fish Flakes
King British Catfish Pellets
Hikari Tropical Micro Wafers
Hikari Tropical Algae Wafers
Tetra Min Crisps
Interpet Freeze Dried Brine Shrimp (Bought five minutes ago from the pet store) ;)

I need one more. :shifty:
 
Is there any noticeable difference between the Tetramin Flakes and Tetramin Prima? What would you recommend?
 
I feed my fish food! Sorry, i couldnt resist! Okay:


Spirulina Flake
Omega One Flake
O.S.I. Angelfish and Vivid Color Flake
TetraMin Color
Nutrafin MAX for livebearers
Wardely Complete Flake

thats all i can think off.
 
I feed Tetra Prima Crisps, TetraMin Small pellets, and Tetra sinking catfish food. Also occasional bloodworm or daphnia. Most of the fish enjoy the occasional leftover pea, shelled and slightly squashed. And I've just found some kind of midge lava swarming in a bucket of water outside so I now have free live foods for my tanks which the fish enjoyed today!
 
I like to vary the diet my fish get, some days I'll give them dried flake and pellets, others frozen or fresh foods. I usually give them a couple out of the following list and vary it day by day:

Tetramin flakes / Pro
Tetra Prima
Algae Wafers
Catfish pellets
Frozen Bloodworm
Frozen Brineshrimp / krill
Cichlid Gold
Lettuce
Cucumber
 
Erm cucumber, spirulina, betta flake mix with krill, frozen daphnia/bloodworm/brine shrimp and live of the same on occasion, algae pellets and mini wafers which i think is a complete food. I buy things and try them and rotate them but what's good is that i find all the other fish will happily share in the wafers/pellets etc. and the cucumber and the plecos/bottom feeders will happily share in the flake and frozen/live foods so whatever i put in they all enjoy it so i don't feel like anyone is missing out
 
EDIT: By the way, all your fish are really lucky. It's good to see varied diets. :good:

Is there any way to soften cucumber? My fish don't seem to be able to successfully feed on it. ;)
 
EDIT: By the way, all your fish are really lucky. It's good to see varied diets. :good:

Is there any way to soften cucumber? My fish don't seem to be able to successfully feed on it. ;)

Grab a metal plant weight and pierce it through a slice of cucumber so it sinks and stays in one place. Leave it, they will eat it all eventually. I skin mine so I know the whole will go without me having to net out the skin afterwards.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top