What Do I Paint The Back Of My Tank With

bae1994

Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears.Beets.Battlestar
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
5,994
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
uk
i want to paint my aqauriums bach its glass what paint do i use ( cant use spray paint as i cant get it out side as its 9ft long)
 
I would just paint the back, outside, of it. Don't let any get into the tank though. Just use regular paint/spray paint.

-FHM
 
Could you maybe use a sticky back vinyl?
Most DIY shops sell them (focus, home base, etc) you could get a plain black or blue one.
Just make sure you smooth it on slow and steady to avoid air bubbles.
If you do still get air bubbles and can't move the bubble to the edge you can prick it carefully with a pin and then smooth it down.
 
smear the back of the tank with baby oil then smooth on a black plastic bin bag. it does the same job and if you decide in the future that you want the tank clear again you can just peel it off :)
 
i want it blue and its 3ft tall i want paint because if the backing fell off i couldnt nmove the tank
 
Generally I use Krylon Fusion to pain all my tanks and plumbing.
If you aren't able to spray indoors (I usually do. Just cover for overspray and open all the windows), then you can really go with just about any paint. If you can, look for one made for either glass, plastic, or appliances.
 
smear the back of the tank with baby oil then smooth on a black plastic bin bag. it does the same job and if you decide in the future that you want the tank clear again you can just peel it off :)

my tank was delivered with a black back on it, but that is a helluva good idea. If I ever do this again, I will try it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top