What Digital Slr Camera?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I meant to add that I have checked my PayPal account and the money has been deducted and paid to Fotovista :blush:

That's a pain! Have you looked to see if there is a branch (by any chance) you could pick it up from directly?
I thought their service was pretty good as mine was on back order and they sent me a text message every now and again (free of charge) to inform me of progress and when finally the item arrived. Though it didn't take that long. They must have tightened up due to rife fraud over the net.

Apparently the nearest store that I can collect it from is in London. That is too far really for me. Anyway, I am going to ring them tomorrow and see what they say ;)

That's terrible to hear, I hate having to provide extra information over the internet and avoid it at all costs whenever possible. It's good to hear that they had the camera in stock so quickly though, I found one over here in a furniture shop just by chance; but the camera stores and catalogs for the photo magazines have ceased advertising for now because they haven't been able to keep them in stock. Pentax isn't able to keep up with the insane demand for this camera, and people snatch them up just as soon as they become available even without advertising!

If you do continue to have problems with them however, try www.adorama.com, they're pretty much the biggest online photo retailer here in the USA and will (as best as I can tell) ship to england. You may even find that buying this way is a bit less expensive.

SLC

Well, I have telephoned them and I have had to email them a copy of my Driving Licence - it about the only other thing that has my name on !!!!! I did not send them a copy of my credit card bill as, as far as I am concerned, the idea of paying by Paypal is so that you do not have to disclose your account details as Paypal verify the payment. I have now got to wait another 24 hours until they can verify my order/payment before they will prepare it for despatch !!!!!

Not particularly happy about the way this has been done, and I will be glad when I finally get the camera. Sort of puts you off using that Company again. I am just wondering if this is a random check or whether they do in fact require this information on all orders now? If so, they should specify this when the Customer places the order. Just a thought :good:

Thanks for your help all - I must admit I was having a "fuming moment" yesterday :blush:

I didn't realise this camera was so difficult to get hold of ;)

:blush: I feel terrible now for recommending them. But as I only had a very good experience with them (I've used them twice) I thought they'd be fine.

I really does hope it gets sorted :crazy:

Nooooo - please don't feel bad - it's just one of those things ;) ;)

You know what it's like... you order something and you want it yesterday :D

I think we all get so used to purchasing stuff online and not having to really do anything "energetic" in order to do so. It is just a bit of a shock when you have to make that bit of effort :D The majority of my spending is done online :blush: and this is the first time I have had this sort of problem.

I can see why they are doing this, but if they have changed their anti-fraud methods I do think they should advise the customer when the order is placed or on the main homepage. Not wait until the customer emails them wondering why they have not heard anything :good:

We all live and learn :good:

Parcel finally on it's way - but there is a slight problem...

One of the items is not on it's way as they are awaiting more stock. Guess what ????????

It is the camera with the lens :angry: :angry:

I give up :(

Just thought I would let you know what the position is :rolleyes:

I ended up cancelling the camera from Pixmania - I was just waiting and waiting and not being told anything. I also found out that the Camera would be coming from France with a UK adapter.

I just wasn't happy with it all and I got my refund. That was the fastest part of the transaction and I must admit I cannot fault them on that bit :)

I ordered the Camera via Amazon in the end as I noticed it on there for £599 (with the lens). The Company was Calumet Photography. It took less than 48 hours and I now have it in my clutches :D Just waiting for the battery to fully charge :angry:

Soooo, finally I shall soon be playing with my new toy :D

Whoohoo :shout: show us some pics when it's charged up and you've had a play around :snap:

:good: Right - here goes. This is first bash at it so they are not that good....

Moggie2.jpg

DwarfGourami1.jpg

Moggie.jpg

Sadie1.jpg

MrPlec.jpg

:good:

At the moment I am in "snap happy" mode and am taking pictures of everything :blush: Family are getting a tad fed up :D

I am very pleased with the camera though :good: I just have the manual to read now :blink:

Most reactions

trending

Back