Reaction score
Well I am now the proud owner of:

2KG CO2 cylinder (empty)
Regulator
Solenoid
pH Controller
Permanent CO2 test
(All JBL)

Picked it up this morning after I missed the delivery yesterday.

Unfortunately I'm away this weekend so will not be able to go and fill the cyclinder up just yet! It's great it's here, but I'm desperate to actually get started with no way to avoid going away for the weekend. :grr:

Anyway, the question is:

The set came without a defuser, should a buy a new defuser or will using the bubble ladders from my Nutrafin sets be sufficient for now?

Bubble ladder from Nutrafin unit will be perfect, they are very effecient diffusers and will do the job great.

All the new toys and cant play with them.........i hate that :D im in the same boat auctually i ordered some stuff from the UK, couple of new lights and other bits and bobs, and i hope they arrive tomorrow before the weekend, no post here at the weekends so if they dont arrive tomorrow ill have to wait until next week :(

Fantastic news ! (well not the inlaws bit ;) )

I still haven't actually set up mine :X but that's a long story that's got nothing to do with the actual CO2.

I'm about to start a one of those "evolution" threads within the next couple of days - and my CO2 is going in tomorrow to replace the Nutrafin ones :)

I bet you're looking forward to Monday !

By the way, how are you going about getting your 2kg CO2 re-filled ? I believe that this is mostly a sendaway job (from the shops I've spoken to) but they generally have some spare 500g bottles as spares, so all I'd really have to do is a trade-in over the counter for £9 approx.

Yes the shop will have to send it off to get it done, but once it's filled it should last for the best part of a year. The plan is to keep a sharp eye on eBay in the mean time and buy a second hand 500g for a spare when I need to get the 2kg refilled next time.

Yay. Thanks to some smooth talking on the phone to the fish shop, they have arranged from their supplier to have a full 2kg cyclinder delivered that they will swap out for £12.50 for my empty one on Saturday.

Pressurised CO2 in 3 days!

I can't wait to see the back of the DIY stuff.

Well done - that sounds like a great deal !
:thumbs: it's such a joy - trust me ;) mine's been setup and running for a few days now and it's just looooovely :D

Finally it's all up and running!

Very easy to set up, even though the pH controller would have looked dated in a 1970's bond film.

Target pH = 6.9
KH = 9.5
Target CO² = 35ppm

Current pH = 7.3

Should have it down to 6.9 by Tuesday night (am taking it slowly), but the plants are all pearling away already.

Great investment.

Great stuff ! :thumbs: These things are just fabulous. Even though I don't hav a pH controller (though I have the night shut off valve), my pH pretty much stable at 7 with a kH of 12 - which give me a 36ppm and plants pearling away like mad :fun:

I have had my pressurised system setup for 4 days now and I love it!!! No stinky DIY mix, a constant, controllable flow of bubbles etc.etc. I went DIY pressurised since I refused to pay $500 for an aquarium specific CO2 unit which would have only come with 500g CO2. I have a 6kg cylinder which I am expecting will last me forever. Refills are $30 and cylinder rental is $10 a month. LAUGHING!!!

Refills are $30 and cylinder rental is $10 a month. LAUGHING!!!

Pressurized co2 is da bomb, no doubt :)
Here in the states, i bought a 20 pound(9kg ) co2 bottle on ebay for $34...
I cost me $17 to fill it....
no monthly rental...
Im laughing too.. B) ...rib rib ;)

Most reactions

Back