What did you do today?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

CharLee86

Reaction score
Hi all.

What did you do today?
Something that you've been planning to do for ages or maybe something new?

I ment to start rescaping my 320litre tank but I dont actually have all the bits for it yet...so I did something I have been planning to do for ages.

I sanded down and repainted/oiled my coffee table.
My 3 year old helped me paint and oil and some sanding.

Im very happy with the results and thrilled to finally be able to cross something off of my to do list.

Got a corner shelf to do next ?.

Attachments

• 20210119_094856.jpg
    20210119_094856.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 47
  • 20210119_131937.jpg
    20210119_131937.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 45
Ive been out to my local fish warehouse to get some water conditioner, Thats as exciting as it gets here.
The kids are home schooling so not having much fish time right now ?
I normally detail the cars on a Tuesday but we have a storm coming so will leave that job

Ive been out to my local fish warehouse to get some water conditioner, Thats as exciting as it gets here.
The kids are home schooling so not having much fish time right now ?
I normally detail the cars on a Tuesday but we have a storm coming so will leave that job
Nice.
That reminds me actually...i need to get some more prime ?.
Homeschooling can be hard work though.
Yeah probably best to leave the cars for today haha.

Blowing up a storm here to (I live sort of south east way in the uk.)

Sitting here right now writing this, lol... but my brother called with a computer emergency at his house, so off I go to fix his computer after I have my morning cup of joe and get fully waken. But by that time I might decide to do something else because you never know with me. I have a book I need to finish writing, so need to do some of that. Anyway have a wonderful day and you did a great job on the table.

Sitting here right now writing this, lol... but my brother called with a computer emergency at his house, so off I go to fix his computer after I have my morning cup of joe and get fully waken. But by that time I might decide to do something else because you never know with me. I have a book I need to finish writing, so need to do some of that. Anyway have a wonderful day and you did a great job on the table.
Sounds like my partner. Always helping people out with pc problems haha.

Oooh, book writing. That sounds very interesting indeed.

I hope you have a great day.

Sounds like my partner. Always helping people out with pc problems haha.

Oooh, book writing. That sounds very interesting indeed.

I hope you have a great day.
It's a fantasy book and I have been writing on it for ten years now...lol...but I plan on finishing it one day.

The home schooling is a bit of a pain we have 3 out of 4 kids at home & each 1 of them needs your attention, if 1 gets 2 mins more than the other they all start kicking off.
Im just outside Manchester & we have had a bit of winds & a little rain but not to bad upto now.
Ive been sorting 1 of my main community tanks out for a few days, had a ton of fry in there, So was fishing to catch them all.
So ive done nothing today. Im glad, Think i needed a break

Took delivery of a new pair of fish and got em into the Qtank after water test and 50% water change. It’ll be their permanent home in a month or so when I get the rest of their species out of the main tank.
Took delivery of fIve vinyl albums from eBay I love but foolishly sold back in the late 80s when the rush to CDs occurred.
Fixed the music system.
Washed up three times as dishwashers broken. It’s gonna wait until covids over.
Watered indoor plants.
Drank a lot of tea and coffee....hmmm. No wonder I’m still on here in the early hours.
Wrestled with the cat.
Its a full life

The home schooling is a bit of a pain we have 3 out of 4 kids at home & each 1 of them needs your attention, if 1 gets 2 mins more than the other they all start kicking off.
Im just outside Manchester & we have had a bit of winds & a little rain but not to bad upto now.
Ive been sorting 1 of my main community tanks out for a few days, had a ton of fry in there, So was fishing to catch them all.
So ive done nothing today. Im glad, Think i needed a break
Deffo sounds like you are in desperate need of a break.
I have my 3 year old full time except for 2 days at school.
Got my 2 stepdaughters here every other week from Thursday to Sunday.
They are pretty good at doing their work on their own but I somehow end up running up and down the stairs helping one and then the other haha.

Looking forward to more normal times.

Get chill time whenever you can!

Clownlurch i love the 80s music, i know you said you sold them in the 80s but i just guessed that they would be from that era? Mum & dad used to always have the music on as i was growing up, So now im older its stuck with me. I like the early electro stuff, Yazoo, Human League & suchlike.
Besides that music is an excellent past time

What have I done today...?
Well, I had a video call meeting with an organization. I've continued writing a new article for the February edition of the Poecilia news (deadline next monday). I've been chatting with another aquarist that was in need for a debate (aquartsics related) for about 2 hours. Feeding the fish. And this evening I'll hang out on the couch and watch tv.

Took delivery of a new pair of fish and got em into the Qtank after water test and 50% water change. It’ll be their permanent home in a month or so when I get the rest of their species out of the main tank.
Took delivery of fIve vinyl albums from eBay I love but foolishly sold back in the late 80s when the rush to CDs occurred.
Fixed the music system.
Washed up three times as dishwashers broken. It’s gonna wait until covids over.
Watered indoor plants.
Drank a lot of tea and coffee....hmmm. No wonder I’m still on here in the early hours.
Wrestled with the cat.
Its a full life
You have certainly kept your self busy today, jebus haha.

I bet you are a bit like me, even if you get the chance to do nothing it just wont happen.
Got to do something all the time.
Always something that needs to be fixed, moved or altered in some way ?.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back