What corydoras?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

GabParker232

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Going to buy 2 or 3 species of corydoras for my 125 litre tank. Thinking maybe panda, sterbai or leopard. Want to know your favourites and why (they have to be suitable for my tank). Throw some suggestions at me.

Peppers (c.paleatus) are my fave because they occupy the whole tank and come out during the day. FWIW I would buy a single species but 3 times as many. For a 125l probably 12-15. Their behaviour really is much more interesting in larger groups. Although some species will mix with others they mix far better with their own kind.

I actually keep some in my 60 litre. I debated on moving them.

Pygmy cory, they are so tiny and cute, and you can have more of them.... I want these, but I have bronze which I also love, funny to watch them together.

I have panda's, leopards and bronze albino corys. They are all pretty cool but if i could only have one again it would be the albino's. Like seagee said with the peppers, the albino's occupy the whole tank and swim around alot more than my other corys. :fish:

Cories need sand and soft water.
Pandas are cute, they clamber over each other wagging their tails like puppies.
Sterbai are bigger and very handsome.
I have never had leopards.
What other fish are going in the tank?

Pygmy cory, they are so tiny and cute, and you can have more of them.... I want these, but I have bronze which I also love, funny to watch them together.
Pygmy are quite nice. If I'd do them I'd put them in a nano fish tank.

I have panda's, leopards and bronze albino corys. They are all pretty cool but if i could only have one again it would be the albino's. Like seagee said with the peppers, the albino's occupy the whole tank and swim around alot more than my other corys. :fish:
Personally im not a big fan of the albino cory. They would really stand out against my black substrate but theyd stand out to much.

Cories need sand and soft water.
Pandas are cute, they clamber over each other wagging their tails like puppies.
Sterbai are bigger and very handsome.
I have never had leopards.
What other fish are going in the tank?
Cherry barbs, harlequin rasbora, honey gourami, otocinclus and a clown pleco and Cory's at the moment. Those are some ideas. Honey gourami and harlequin I've got in the tank and cherry's are going to go in there in a few weeks. Sterbai are so pretty but very pricey. I'm thinking of going with 5 or going with 6 pandas. I'd love to go with both but I don't think i have the space.

Cherry barbs, harlequin rasbora, honey gourami, otocinclus and a clown pleco and Cory's at the moment. Those are some ideas. Honey gourami and harlequin I've got in the tank and cherry's are going to go in there in a few weeks. Sterbai are so pretty but very pricey. I'm thinking of going with 5 or going with 6 pandas. I'd love to go with both but I don't think i have the space.
Yes, the clown pleco will limit your space and has a big bioload. Six cories are minimum though, squeeze in as many as you can.

Yes, the clown pleco will limit your space and has a big bioload. Six cories are minimum though, squeeze in as many as you can.
I won't go with the clown pleco as I just found out that they eat driftwood. How many sterbai could I get in this tank?Thinking of they get about 6cm. The dimensions are 80×35×50 (L×W×H).

I guess it depends how many you can afford, LOL. But they are worth it.
I would guess at ten.

They are pretty expensive but soooo good looking. I'll start with 4 then add more and more.
Where in the world are you? I have one Sterbai in with 20 peppers. As its not ideal I have just ordered him 10 friends at £2.40 apiece.

Where in the world are you? I have one Sterbai in with 20 peppers. As its not ideal I have just ordered him 10 friends at £2.40 apiece.
£2.40!!! I can only find them at £10.00 a piece! Lucky. I'm in the UK by the way.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back